Published on May 25th, 2018 | by Chuck146
Plastiq: Pay Bills with Mastercard with No Fee using Masterpass ($250 Limit Added, Previously Scheduled Payments Of Up To $500 Allowed)
Update: Looks like this one was too good to last. Plastiq has sent out an e-mail stating:
Due to the high demand for our latest promotion, conducted in partnership with Mastercard, we wanted to give you advance notice of an upcoming update. Starting June 1, 2018, the promotion will apply to any bill or invoice, up to a maximum of $250 each, instead of $500.*
If you’ve already scheduled payments with this promotion, we will still honor the promotional fee applied to those payments. But please note that editing these scheduled payments will result in a loss of the promotional fee.
If you haven’t taken advantage of this promotion yet, this is your time to do so! Don’t forget to make sure the payment is delivered by September 30, 2018 to qualify.
Honestly even with a $250 cap I’ll be surprised if it lasts until September 30th, 2018 but fingers crossed it does. Keep in mind you can still make $500 payments until May 31st.
Plastiq is sending out an email offer in honor of their new partnership with Masterpass; this offer seems to be working for everyone who’s used Plastiq before:
- Pay bills with a Mastercard using Masterpass and pay no processing fee for the first $500 in payments. Payments higher than $500 will pay a fee on the portion of the payment above $500.
You can use any credit card with Masterpass, but this promotion only works when using Mastercard within Masterpass. Next to ‘Add New Card’ you’ll see an option of ‘More Ways to Add’ and Masterpass will appear there.
The fee will show clearly as $0 on checkout page.
The Fine Print
- To qualify for promotion, payment must be submitted or scheduled on or after May 15, 2018, and payment’s delivery date must be before or on September 30, 2018.
- Your card must be successfully billed by Plastiq and remain in good standing to qualify for a promotional credit.
- The promotional credit is non-transferable and may not be sold or bartered. Promotion subject to change or cancellation at any time. Offer may be revoked at any time for any reason by Plastiq. Offer void where prohibited by law.
- Valid for new and existing customers.
- Can only be used up to the first $500 on each transaction.
- Must have made $500 in payments in account history to qualify (this blocks people from creating multiple accounts).
It’s a $12.50 savings on each payment if maxed out. Pretty incredible that they are allowing it to be used multiple times up until September 30th – really a useful offer to take advantage of. You can also get .2% back on Plastiq payments with Drop.
Some people have an issue with a specific Masterpass wallet getting cookied into their Plastiq account and limits them to cards from a certain bank (e.g. Citi Masterpass or Capital One Masterpass). There should be a ‘Change Wallet’ option or go incognito to see if you can get the vanilla Masterpass to add any Mastercard.
New Plastiq users can get $500 in free processing when signing up using a referral link (here’s my Plastiq referral link), you can also share your referrals in this dedicated post. I’m not sure if this offer is valid for all users who have sent $500+ in prior payments or it’s targeted to only some. And we don’t know whether new users who signup now will get, or be eligible for, this offer.