Published on January 16th, 2019 | by William Charles4
Platinum International Dollar Card – 100k Points + No AF First Year (Must Be Resident Of Latin America, Caribbean, Spain Or Switzerland)
- The American Express Platinum International Dollar card is currently offering a sign up bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards after spending US$10,000 in the first three months.
- Must be a resident of Latin American, Caribbean, Spain and Switzerland
- Must have US$100,000 in assets in a US bank account and be a Non US resident
- Annual fee of US$795 is waived first year
- Sign up bonus valid until March 31st, 2019
- Same lounge access as normal Platinum card (e.g Centurion, Priority Pass Select, Delta SkyClub, Plaza Premium, Airspace & escape lounges)
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x membership rewards points on U.S. restaurant purchases
- 1x membership rewards points on all other purchases
As far as I can tell these are just normal Membership Rewards points, so the transfer partners should be the same. I couldn’t see any mention of any Uber or airline incidental credit, so the card is clearly not as good as the regular Platinum card.
I don’t see any lifetime language in the terms, so I wonder if it’s churnable? Update there is lifetime language in the terms. Obviously most readers aren’t residents of Latin America, Carribean, Spain or Switzerland with $100,000 in assets so this post isn’t for you. If you do fall under this category this looks like a strong offer, although I can’t see any reason why you’d even consider keeping the card past the first year. I’m also not sure if this is just the standard sign up bonus or if this is an increased offer, wayback machine didn’t really seem to shed any light. I really just wrote up this post because I thought it was interesting.
Hat tip to Lucas L