Published on July 11th, 2019 | by Chuck12
Prime Day: Amazon Chase Cardholders Will Earn 6% On Amazon And Whole Foods
Direct Link to offer (affiliate link here and below)
- Chase Amazon credit cardholders who are Prime members will earn 6% cashback on purchases made on Amazon and at Whole Foods on Prime Day, July 15th and July 16th. This is instead of the standard 5% cashback.
The Fine Print
- Earn an extra 1% Back (for a total of 6% Back) with an eligible Prime membership on purchases at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market
- During the promotional period of 12 a.m. Pacific Time, July 15, 2019 until 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time, July 16, 2019, earn a total of 6% Back per $1 spent at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market when you use your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature credit card with an eligible Prime membership.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers to earn bonus % Back, such as Prime Card Bonus purchases on select items.
- The % Back earned for this promotion will post to your account as bonus points during the applicable monthly billing cycle and are generally available to be used at the beginning of the next billing cycle; bonus points earned on purchases made near the end of a billing cycle may take up to one additional billing cycle to become available.
- 6% Back equates to $0.06 in % Back rewards, which is equal to 6 points, for each $1 spent.
- 6% Back is earned only on purchases made at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market (including physical Whole Foods Market and Whole Foods Market 365 stores, and the website accessible at www.wholefoodsmarket.com).
- 6% Back is not earned on (i) purchases from merchants using Amazon Pay, (ii) purchases made at international Amazon retail sites (including but not limited to Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp), or any other website operated by Amazon, (iii) purchases made at international Whole Foods Market sites, (iv) purchases of Whole Foods Market or Whole Foods Market 365 products or services through third-party sites such as Eventbrite, Instacart, Google Express and Shipt, (vi) online purchases of event tickets, classes or gift cards redeemable at Whole Foods Market or Whole Foods Market 365 (including through buyatab.com), or (vii) purchases from certain third-party vendors operating at Whole Foods Market sites.
- To qualify for this promotional offer, your account must be open, not in default at the time of fulfillment, and your Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card must be loaded into the Amazon.com account of an eligible Prime member to earn 6% Back.
- Prime video subscriptions are not eligible for 6% Back.
- This promotional offer is non-transferable. For more information about your rewards program, see your Rewards Program Agreement. Amazon Rewards Visa Signature credit cards are issued by JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. Member FDIC. Additional conditions may apply. Learn more and see pricing and rewards details at www.amazon.com/amazonvisa.
Nice little bump here for Prime Day where users are spending more than usual. Another interesting idea is to stock up on Amazon gift cards and Whole Foods gift cards during Prime Day to lock in the extra 1% cashback. Third party gift cards and $200 Visa gift cards are also an option as well.
Looks like this is a public offer, I imagine they’ll send out an email about this offer to cardholders at some point. Amazon store (Synchrony) cardholders have a similar offer as well.
Hat tip to reader Hari