Published on May 9th, 2016 | by William Charles0
Recap: 500,000 Mile International Offer, Stolen W-2’s, Compare Uber/Lyft/Taxi, Buy Good Stuff From 1800 Flowers & More
- New Free and Easy Star Alliance Award Search Tool by View From The Wing. Lots of errors at the moment, but if they can get the functionality to work as advertised this will be very nifty.
- Crooks Grab W-2s from Credit Bureau Equifax by Krebs On Security. It’s surprising how often these companies that deal with data breaches have data breaches themselves. Surely they know only too well how expensive these breaches are?
- Uber Pissed Off by New App That Compares Uber/Lyft/Taxi Prices by Point Me To The Plane. If Uber are offering better pricing and service, I don’t know what they have to worry about. Signals to me they know they aren’t doing both of those things in most markets. Looks like a nifty app! I wish they’d also add other local ride sharing apps.
- JetBlue Status Match by Mile Nerd. Free status, enjoy.
- How to buy stuff that doesn’t suck from 1800Flowers (Mother’s Day is coming!) by Frequent Miler. I always think of the stuff you get from 1800Flowers as the gravy, when really I’m chasing the points/miles on offer. Good to know it’s actually possible to get something decent looking.
- Get 500,000 Bonus Miles with OCBC Voyage Card – Targeted? by Shutter Whale. Before you get too excited, this is an offer for Singaporean residents and also comes with an annual fee of S$10,000