Published on October 6th, 2018 | by William Charles134
[Expired] [NJ only] Columbia Bank $300 Checking Account Bonus
This deal has expired and is no longer being offered. Click here for the best checking bonuses.
Bonus has been improved and you now get $200 for a direct deposit. Still not as good as the $500 bonus they have previously offered.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: Must live or work in the State of New Jersey
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $1,000
- Additional requirements: Bill Payment
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding:
Up to $500(no longer possible)
- Monthly fees: $9, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: Account must be opened at time of bonus posting
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None
- Open a new Columbia bank Advantage Plus Account and receive a bonus of $300 when you complete the following requirements:
- $200 for receiving a qualifying direct deposit of at least $1,000 within 60 days of account opening
- $100 for making three bill payments within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- You are permitted to receive only one of each of these bonuses irrespective of the number or type of checking accounts you open.
- To receive any of the aforementioned bonuses, the account must still be open at the time we are ready to credit the funds (within 60 days of qualifying) and at all times the account was in good standing.
- If you have received a cash and/or subscription bonus associated with a Yield Plus and/or Advantage Plus checking account within the 365 days preceding the opening of this new checking account, you are not eligible for either of these cash bonuses.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
$9 Monthly Fee
This is avoided with an average daily balance of $500 or if you’re under the age of 23.
Early Account Termination Fee
Account must be open at the time of bonus posting
Best bonus they have offered in the past has been $500 so this isn’t as good as that. Might still be worth doing for those that missed out on that bigger deal. Because of those factors this is going in our best checking promotions list.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications