Published on July 27th, 2018 | by William Charles7
Recap: Basic Economy Bags, Hyatt Acquisition Plans & More
- CONFIRMED: American Bringing Back Carry On Bags to Basic Economy, Punishing Customers is Bad Business by View From The Wing. I’ve said multiple times that I think basic economy isn’t a winner for legacy airlines, they are basically selling good will they have built up over multiple years for pennies on the dollar. Even with heavy restrictions and upselling, American Airlines is never going to be cheaper than a ULCC so why try to compete at that level?
- Rumor: Comcast NBC Universal May Be Building a Brand New Theme Park in Orlando by The Short Final. I’m not a theme park fan, but some readers might find it interesting.
- Aeromexico Tries To Buy Back Their Loyalty Program With A Lowball Offer by One Mile At A Time. Circling like vultures, no way that offer is accepted.
- Hyatt Has Expressed Interest in Acquiring Spain’s NH Hotel Group by Bloomberg. Would be a massive increase in footprint size for Hyatt.
Deals expiring at the end of today (view the full deal calendar here):
Deals expiring at end of tomorrow:
- Kroger: 4x Fuel Points on Gift Cards this Weekend (Visa, MC & Merchant)
- Meijer Mperks: $10 Off $150 On Mastercard Giftcards
- Staples: $100 Lowe’s Giftcard For $90 + 5x (Limit Of 3)
- Best Buy: Purchase $100 In Giftcards & Get $10 Bonus Best Buy Card (Hotels.com, Uber Nike & More) + Stack With AmEx Offer