Published on May 3rd, 2018 | by William Charles4
Recap: Lufthansa Error Fare Lawsuit, Chocolate Expert & More
- Lufthansa wins big against “Error Fares” by Wandering Aramean. My issue with airlines complaining about error fares is that when a consumer makes an error when booking in most cases they have to pay prohibitively expensive change fees to fix their errors. If airlines want some level of tolerance for their own mistakes, that same courtesy should be extended to consumers. If an airline cancels error fare tickets within 24 hours of booking for example, most people don’t complain too much. It’s when it takes them days or even weeks to cancel tickets after other plans have already been made. Also it’s kind of ridiculous that six months jail time or a fine of €250,000 might apply in this case. Large corporations regularly have consumer data breached and get away with zero penalty yet German courts are willing to give such a harsh penalty for posting error fares?
- Is a 4th Chase United Card Coming? by Rapid Travel Chai. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a United card at the $150 annual fee price point, Chase seems to be pushing towards this mid priced annual fee. For example with the Chase Southwest Premium card.
- MoviePass unlimited plans are back. They were experimenting with a four movies per month limit.
- Chocolate Expert Guesses Cheap vs. Expensive Chocolate. Really love this series.
Deals expiring at the end of today (view the full deal calendar here):
Deals expiring at the end of tomorrow:
- Discover Savings $150/$200 Bonus with $15,000/$25,000 Deposit
- [YMMV] Free Shipping On Google Express For Orders $15+, Combine & Get $15 Free At Target
- Gyft: $50 Express Giftcard For $40