Published on May 26th, 2018 | by William Charles2
Recap: Lyft Spending $100 Million On Hubs, Jabbrbox ‘Lounge’ & More
- Just a heads up that there seems to be some issues with the giftcards.com app when activating, best to call in to activate currently.
- Jabbrrbox: An airport lounge all to yourself by CNN Travel. $30 per hour seems exceptionally expensive, considering that even paid lounge access with no priority pass can usually be had for like $40 (or $27 with priority pass and no free passes) and that includes food & drinks.
- Kimpton Secret Password Returns for Summer 2018: Three Words to Unlock Freebies by Mommy Points. Password is ‘out of office’ I wish people would just put that sort of thing in the title.
- Lyft is spending $100M on new hubs for drivers by Curbed via Michael W Travels. I’m not surprised that Uber/Lyft are having driver retention issues given how poorly most drivers are paid. It’s a real issue considering they are sometimes spending upwards of $1,500 per driver on acquisition costs. I like that Lyft/Uber are seemingly placing more importance on drivers as the quality has definitely declined with the big push to make rides cheaper. On a more cynical note I imagine setting up these hubs is part of a long term plan for servicing autonomous vehicles as well.
Deals expiring at the end of today (view the full deal calendar here):
- Safeway: $10 off $150 Visa Gift Card [Von’s, Randall’s, Albertson’s, Tom Thumb, Acme]
- CVS: $10 in Extrabux with $50 in Select Gift Cards (Uber, Google Play, Nike & More)
Deals expiring at end of tomorrow:
- [Targeted] AmEx Offer: Hyatt Regency, Spend $200+ & Receive $60 Statement Credit
- Google Express: 25% Off For New Customers + Combine With AmEx Offer