Published on July 10th, 2019 | by William Charles17
Recap: Marriott Playing Dirty, Disney Hacks & More
- This is WRONG: Courtyard by Marriott Clemson trying to cancel dozens of reservations nine months after customers booked them by Andy’s Travel Blog. They claim they overbooked by 100 rooms, how is that even possible in the first place? What’s the best that the lowest room rates are being cancelled first? If places make a price mistake (and I hardly call this that, they just didn’t raise rates for a football weekend) I’m OK with cancellations, but not 9 months after the fact. This is the sort of thing you can expect with Marriott though.
- Growing Up Mouse by Disney Hacks. This is a new blog from Shawn at MtM.
- Uber App Has A New Update In The U.K. – Let’s Hope It Doesn’t Come Here! by YMMV. Part of the reason why I like Uber is I don’t have to worry about whether they think my trip is worth doing or not. I’m happy to pay a premium if I’m taking a short trip, but it’s extremely frustrating not being able to get a taxi when you actually need one and this was one of the problems Uber solved.
- The corporate spat is over between Google and Amazon: YouTube is again available on Amazon Fire TV by USA Today. About time.
Deals starting/expiring at the end of today or starting today (view the full deal calendar here):
Deals starting/expiring at end of tomorrow:
- [Targeted] 7-Eleven Rewards: Earn 5,000 Points For Shopping 2/4 Times
- Amex Offers: American Express Gift Cards $10 off $200 Purchase
- Giant, Stop&Shop, Martin’s: 3x Fuel Points on Visa Gift Cards [7/12-7/18]
Here are some of the most popular posts from past few days:
- [YMMV] American Express Delta Offers – Up To 75,000 Miles + $200 Statement Credit – No Lifetime Language
- Marriott To Be Fined £99.2 million (~$123.6USD million) For SPG Data Breach
- Washington, D.C. Attorney General Sues Marriott Over Resort Fees