Published on August 15th, 2019 | by William Charles58
[Expired] SoFi Invest $25 Bonus When You Invest $10+
Deal has expired, view more SoFi Invest deals by clicking here.
Update 8/15/19: Deal is back, must invest $10+. Valid until August 30th, 2019.
- SoFi is offering a $25 bonus when you open a new SoFi Securities LLC active brokerage account and fund it with at least $10. $25 bonus will be in the form of a fractional share in a company
The Fine Print
- To receive the offer, you must: open a new SoFi Securities LLC active brokerage account through the signup link you were given, and add at least $1 to your brokerage account.
- The offer only applies to new active brokerage accounts.
- The offer is limited to one per person.
- The offer expires on August 12th, 2019.
- Once conditions are met and account is opened, you will receive $25 which will be paid in a fractional share (or fractional shares) in a publicly traded company.
- The number of fractional shares delivered for the bonus will be determined based on the execution price at which SoFi Securities acquires the shares.
- Please note, given the Welcome Bonus will be paid in the form of a marketable security, the dollar value of the Bonus will change as the price of that security changes, which will result in a change in value of the Bonus provided.
- SoFi reserves the right to change the form of consideration used to pay the Welcome Bonus at any time without advance notice.
- Bonus amounts of $600 or greater in a single calendar year may be reported to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as miscellaneous income to the recipient on Form 1099-MISC in the year received by applicable law.
- Recipient is responsible for any applicable federal, state or local taxes associated with receiving the bonus offer, consult your tax advisor to determine applicable tax consequences.
- SoFi reserves the right to change or terminate the offer at any time or without notice.
Normally you can get a bonus of $25 when investing $25+ if you use a SoFi referral link, although SoFi is strict on not allowing these to be publicly posted. This bonus is better for the person signing up as a deposit of only $1 is required. For a lot of people this bonus of $25 won’t be worth doing just due to the hassle and tax implication, but it’s still an easy $25 so we will be adding this to our list of the best brokerage bonuses.
Hat tip to reader Nate B