Update: This has been now reduced to only 3,500 Swagbucks so it’s not nearly as profitable as before. You’ll now end up earning only $29
Signup with Bluehost for a 12-month web hosting subscription for $2.95/month (comes along with a free domain) and get 8,000 Swagbucks
The Fine Print
- Offer ends 09/27/16 11:59pm MST
- Please allow 32 days for SB to credit
- Cancellations prior to 30 days will not earn SB
- This offer may only be redeemed one time per user
This is the best Swagbucks moneymaker I’ve seen, but be sure to set yourself a reminder after 30 days or at year’s end to cancel the service.
The subscription is $2.95 per month paid out for an entire year, and the final cost is $35.40 for the year. You get back 8,000 swagbucks, worth at least $80 when cashed out via Paypal, for a net profit of $44.60.
Note that there is an option to add Domain Privacy which adds $11.88 for the year. I paid for this option since I’m not sure how bad the spam is if you don’t. After paying for this, my final cost was $47.28, and the net profit will be $32.72, or slightly more if I get a better than 1-cent-per-point redemption with Swagbucks.
Update: It’s noted in the comments that you can cancel and get the annual subscription prorated; that makes this deal a whole lot more profitable since you’ll just pay $5.90 for two months. If you have your own domain (or just input a random domain) you’ll save a lot more on the prorate since they won’t keep the domain costs for the year. Total profit can be up to $74.10!
Here’s how to go about completing this offer:
- Go to the offer page in your Swagbucks account and click through to Bluehost from the offer page
- Signup for the $2.95/monthly plan
- Uncheck the Site Backup Pro box which adds $2.99 per month
- Decide whether you want to uncheck the Domain Privacy box which adds $.99 per month
- You should instantly get an email confirmation from Swagucks confirming that the 8,000 points are pending
- Verify your email with Bluehost by clicking the link in the email; otherwise, domain will be cancelled in 14 days and it might affect bonus earn
- After 30 days cancel your Bluehost subscription
- After 32 days, 8,000 points will be available; cash out points
If you are signing up for a new Swagbucks account, I’d appreciate if you use my Swagbucks referral link. You might get some kind of small bonus at the end of the month for using it.
There’s also a $10 moneymaker with the Nature Conservatory which we wrote about previously.
Hat tip to Slickdeals