Update 11/17/20: More people targeted. Subject line ‘Just for you: 3 months of Prime courtesy of American Express’
Direct link to offer, e-mail subject line is ‘Exclusive offer from American Express: 3 months of Prime’
- American Express has sent out an e-mail offering three months of Prime for free.
The Fine Print
- This is a limited time offer and only valid in the United States.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Membership will automatically renew at $119 plus applicable taxes per year after the expiration of the initial 3-month Prime membership. View the Amazon Prime terms at www.Amazon.com/primeterms.
- Prime memberships redeemed through a Prime gift code or promotional code are not refundable.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the promotion at any time.
- Offer limited to one per customer and Amazon.com account.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- This promotion ends on the earlier of (a) 11:59PM PST, 12/31/2018, (b) the time at which 115,000 customers have redeemed the offer, or (c) when Amazon elects to end the promotion.
- If you violate any of these terms and conditions, the offer will be invalid.
Keep in mind that it will automatically renew at $119, so remember to cancel if you don’t want to keep prime. It’s also limited to the first 160,000 customers so might be wise to redeem sooner rather than later if interested. Getting Prime for free now is great as we are going into Prime day and there are a lot of Prime only days. We recently did a post discussing how to maximize a new Prime account so I’d recommend reading that. The best deal is the 20% off when you use a single Membership Rewards point, for some this is showing without Prime for others they needed to become Prime members before it worked.
Hat tip to reader Yasir
- Update 7/8/19: More people targeted for this promo.
- Update 6/20/19: Looks like more people are targeted. Hat tip to reader guest. This should also get you Prime for upcoming Prime day.
- Update 5/24/19: One year e-mails were sent out in error
- Update 5/23/19: Some people are actually getting one year of prime for free instead of only three months.
- Update 5/22/19: More people targeted
- Update 4/20/19: Reader Jeff reports this working again, not sure what the end date is.
- Update 12/14/18: Looks like another round of people have been targeted. Hat tip to reader Cavin L
- Update 11/20/18: Deal is back and valid until December 31st, 2018.
Still available. I received an email from an amazon account that never had prime before.
DP that connects the 3 month Amex promo to the 3 month Discover promo. I have never been targeted for the Amex promo but I just got targeted for the Discover promo.
Did not get this obviously, but Bofa has a new $5 off prime offer on my cc. Also, sites like Ibotta or Befrugal sometimes have 15-20 off annual membership.
Tried the link, but the “Start Membership” button is greyed out for me. Currently not a Prime member but had it last 3 years ago.
Too bad they didn’t give a 3-month rebate for loyal current Prime customers 🙂
I’m still waiting for my email.
Does this add to an existing account? I have Prime student, so I’m worried about losing the lower price ($59 annual).
It does not. Current prime members cannot redeem this offer.
William Charles Got this for the second time on one of my account. Checked it today in random.
Thanks doc got my 3 months
Thanks Doc. I didn’t see any email from Amazon about the prime 3 months offer but I gone away and checked using the link given. It worked.