Published on July 8th, 2019 | by William Charles102
[YMMV] American Express: 3 Months Of Amazon Prime For Free
Update 7/8/19: More people targeted for this promo.
Update 5/24/19: One year e-mails were sent out in error
Update 5/23/19: Some people are actually getting one year of prime for free instead of only three months.
Update 5/22/19: More people targeted
Update 4/20/19: Reader Jeff reports this working again, not sure what the end date is.
Update 12/14/18: Looks like another round of people have been targeted. Hat tip to reader Cavin L
Update 11/20/18: Deal is back and valid until December 31st, 2018.
Direct link to offer, e-mail subject line is ‘Exclusive offer from American Express: 3 months of Prime’
- American Express has sent out an e-mail offering three months of Prime for free.
The Fine Print
- This is a limited time offer and only valid in the United States.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Membership will automatically renew at $119 plus applicable taxes per year after the expiration of the initial 3-month Prime membership. View the Amazon Prime terms at www.Amazon.com/primeterms.
- Prime memberships redeemed through a Prime gift code or promotional code are not refundable.
- Amazon reserves the right to modify or cancel the promotion at any time.
- Offer limited to one per customer and Amazon.com account.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- This promotion ends on the earlier of (a) 11:59PM PST, 12/31/2018, (b) the time at which 115,000 customers have redeemed the offer, or (c) when Amazon elects to end the promotion.
- If you violate any of these terms and conditions, the offer will be invalid.
Keep in mind that it will automatically renew at $119, so remember to cancel if you don’t want to keep prime. It’s also limited to the first 160,000 customers so might be wise to redeem sooner rather than later if interested. Getting Prime for free now is great as we are going into Prime day and there are a lot of Prime only days. We recently did a post discussing how to maximize a new Prime account so I’d recommend reading that. The best deal is the 20% off when you use a single Membership Rewards point, for some this is showing without Prime for others they needed to become Prime members before it worked.
Hat tip to reader Yasir