Published on October 27th, 2017 | by William Charles63
[Targeted] American Express Blue Cash Preferred $250 Upgrade Offer
Orignally posted on September 14th, 2017. Reposting due to the fact more people are being targeted again.
No direct link (definitely targeted as links have your last 4 credit card numbers hard coded. Also check your amex offers for this offer)
- American Express are offering some Blue Cash Everyday cardholders the opportunity to upgrade to Blue Cash Preferred and get the following bonus:
- $250 cash back after you spend $2,000 within the first three months
- Annual fee of $95 (prorated based on how long you have left in your card member year).
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 in spend annually, then 1%)
- 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores
- 1% back on all other purchases
They offered a similar upgrade option but for only $100 in June & then $150 in August. Remember that the annual fee is not waived the first year so it’s actually a bonus of $155 and the 6% cash back at supermarkets (best card for grocery store spend when not taking into account the annual fee). The good thing about upgrade offers is that they don’t do a hard pull and you’re also able to get the bonus if you’ve already had the card before (and can get the bonus in the future if you haven’t had the card before). If you have questions about American Express upgrade offers they will be answered here. General questions about American Express answered here.
Looks like American Express is sending out a few different upgrade offers recently:
- [Targeted] American Express Platinum Delta SkyMiles Upgrade Offer
- [Targeted] American Express Hilton Surpass 100,000 Point Upgrade Offer
Hat tip to reader Jobin Johnson