Published on October 24th, 2019 | by William Charles8
[Targeted] Bank of America 65,000 Alaska Airlines Offer
No direct link to offer, sent out via e-mail. Subject line is ‘Exclusive: Up to 65,000 bonus mile offer for <name>.’
- Bank of America is offering a bonus of up to 65,000 Alaska miles on the Alaska Airlines personal card. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- 40,000 bonus miles after spending $2,000 within the first three months
- 25,000 bonus miles after spending $9,000 or more within the first six months
- Annual fee of $75 is not waived
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3x miles per $1 spent on Alaska Airlines tickets, vacation packages, and cargo purchases
- 1x miles on all other purchases
- They will sometimes approve you for a Platinum Plus Visa or Preferred Visa card which has different annual fees and sign up bonus
- Free checked bag for you and up to six other passengers on your reservation
- No foreign transaction fees
- This card will not be available to you if you currently have or have had the card in the preceding 24 month period. This does not apply to the business credit card product.
Previous best offer has been 40,000 miles + $100, that offer only requires $2,000 in spend. This is an extra 25,000 miles but without the statement credit and requires an extra $7,000 in spend within the first six months. I think some people will actually prefer the other offer, but if you value Alaska miles and can generate spend easily then this is a better option. Unfortunately it doesn’t look like there is any chance of getting a public link for this one as you need to enter your first name, last name and e-mail address to see if you have the offer and it does check a database to ensure you were targeted.
Before applying for this or any other Bank of America card, I’d recommend reading this post detailing everything you should know about their credit cards.
Hat tip to readers Reese W, Duy P, N H & iknownothingbu