Published on March 30th, 2017 | by Chuck25
[Targeted] Chase Southwest Plus 60,000 Points or 50,000 + $100 Signup Bonus
Numerous people are reporting getting today an email offer on the Southwest Plus card. There are three versions being sent out:
- Get 60,000 Southwest points after spending $2,000 within 3 months
- Get 50,000 Southwest points after spending $2,000 within 3 months + $100 statement credit after first purchase
- Get 50,000 Southwest points after spending $2,000 within 3 months + $100 Southwest gift card after first purchase
- Annual fee of $69 is not waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x points on Southwest airlines purchases
- 1x points on all other purchases
- 3,000 Anniversary points after card member anniversary
- This version (Plus) does have foreign transaction fees
Both of these targeted offers are great deals. The standard/high bonus offer on this card is 50,000, and the occasional (targeted) 60k offers are usually for the Premier version which has a $30 higher annual fee.
Most people will prefer the 60k offer more than the 50k + $100 gift card offer. In any case, these are targeted so take what you got. There’s also a 60k business Southwest card offer available to all. Of course, most of us are post-5/24 and won’t be eligible in any case.
Hat tip to r/churning