Update 6/24/21: Deal is back and valid until 12/31/21. Hat tip to Raj & Josh
- HSBC is offering some existing customers up to $180. Starting October 1, 2020 you can earn $15 each month for completing the following requirements ($15 per month for each requirement or $30 for completing both):
- Make 10 new purchases per month using your eligible HSBC Mastercard® card(s)
- Pay 3 bills per month using HSBC’s Bill Pay
The Fine Print
- This Promotion is non-transferrable and is only available to the recipient of this invitation.
- This Promotion includes two Offers, each requiring qualifying activities and is available from the first full calendar month after the date you receive this invitation and is valid for 6 consecutive calendar months (“Promotional Period”).
- Promotional Period for these offers is 10/01/2020 through and including 03/31/2021.
- To qualify for the Card Transaction Offer (“Card Offer”), up to $90 ($15 max per month), you must have an Eligible HSBC Mastercard® Card (“Eligible Card(s)”) issued to you by HSBC Bank USA, N.A. and complete at least 10 eligible new purchases per calendar month using your Eligible Card(s) during the Promotional Period. Eligible Card(s) includes HSBC Debit Mastercard® card(s) linked to your HSBC Premier checking account and/or HSBC Mastercard® credit card(s). Debit card transactions excluded from eligible purchases include, but not limited to, ATM cash withdrawals. Credit card transactions excluded from eligible purchases include balance transfers, credit card checks, cash advances or overdrafts. Transactions must post to your Eligible HSBC Mastercard® Card within the calendar month to qualify.
- To qualify for the Bill Pay Offer (“Bill Pay Offer”), up to $90 ($15 max per month), you must be registered for Online Banking and complete at least 3 Electronic Bill Pay transactions to third party payees per calendar month during the Promotional Period. Electronic Bill Pay is defined as paying bills from your HSBC Premier checking account using HSBC’s Bill Pay service available on HSBC’s Personal Internet Banking or the HSBC Mobile Banking App. (Data rate charges from your service provider may apply. HSBC Bank USA, N.A. is not responsible for these charges.) Transfers between internal or external accounts do not qualify as an HSBC Bill Payment.
Requirements are very easy to meet, should be an easy $180 for most people that are targeted. For tips on meeting debit card requirements read this linked post.
Hat tip to Sebastian H & Real Napster