Published on June 17th, 2019 | by Chuck48
[Targeted] Plastiq: Pay 1.5% Fee on up to Three Payments
Update 6/17/19: One data point indicates that even those who didn’t get the targeted email might see the 1.5% rate show up for them automatically by just logging into Plastiq and attempting a payment.
Update 6/16/19: When this promo first launched some people who were targeted weren’t receiving the special pricing, Plastiq has informed us that issue has been fixed and promo pricing will appear if you are targeted.
No direct link, targeted offer; check your emails for subject: June Special: 1.5% fee on any three payments
- For this month only, submit up to three payments with Plastiq ($10,000 or less each) and benefit from a 1.5% Plastiq fee.
Here’s how it works:
- Select a recipient/vendor you would like to pay
- Enter a payment amount up to a maximum of $10,000
- Submit a payment using your preferred credit card
- On the payment review page, make sure your payment is scheduled to be processed before 11:59 PM EST on June 30, 2019. Note: How do you check processing date? See this article for instructions and screenshots.
- You can submit up to 3 one-time payments like this before 11:59 PM EST on June 30, 2019
The Fine Print
- Promotion is available only to direct recipients of this email notifying them of their eligibility.
- Cannot be combined with other Plastiq promotions or fee free dollars (FFDs). This promotion is non-transferable.
- Payments must be made with a credit card associated with this eligible member’s account and must not exceed $10,000 per transaction.
- Eligible customers can submit immediate payments or schedule payments to be processed before 11:59 PM EST on June 30, 2019.
- The Plastiq 1.5% fee will automatically be applied when the payment is processed.
- Editing, altering, canceling or rescheduling payments with this promotion applied will forfeit the service fee rate of 1.5%
- This promotion does not apply to any scheduled payments submitted before 12:01 AM EST on June 10, 2019.
We saw similar deals in the past. Those were for a lower fee of just 1%, but this deal is better since it allows the use of any credit card (not limited to Mastercard), and it allows payment to existing payees (not limited to new recipients), and you can do the payments as you wish, with or without scheduling it.
Reader Ted notes that you have to click through the link in the email in order to get the 1.5% rate; otherwise, it’ll show the regular 2.5% rate.