Published on January 17th, 2019 | by Chuck7
[Targeted] TD Bank 2.50% APY Savings Account, Guaranteed for 12 Months
- TD Bank just send out an email offer to some people to get a 2.50% APY rate on a savings account, guaranteed for 12 months.
The Fine Print
- This offer is only available to customers who have received the introductory rate email.
- Offer expires April 17, 2019.
- Minimum $20,000 required to get the rate. Maximum $999,999.
- Funds must be new deposits not currently held within a TD Bank retail deposit account. (It’ll probably also work to transfer funds out and then back in to fulfill the “new funds” requirement.)
- Must link the savings account with an eligible account. Eligible accounts include TD Bank personal mortgage, home equity, credit card or active personal or small business checking accounts. An active checking account must have at least three customer-initiated deposit, withdrawal, payment or transfer transactions each calendar month to qualify for the rate bump during the following month.
I’m guessing this was sent out to some/all TD Bank checking customers. This is just about the best available rate without having to lock your money up in a CD. The downside of this offer is that they likely won’t continue raising the rate, it’ll probably stay steady at 2.50% for the entire 12 months.
Mainly makes sense for those who anyway use TD, anyway, for their checking, credit card, or mortgage.
Hat tip to reader Chris and Vladimir