Published on May 25th, 2016 | by William Charles32
[Targeted] United MileagePlus Spending Bonus
- Receive bonus United miles when you complete tiered spending requirements. Everybody has a different offer (or isn’t targeted at all). Some sample offers:
- Offer one:
- Spend $1,000, earn 11,000 bonus miles
- Spend $1,500 total, earn 16,000 more bonus miles
- Spend $3,000 total, earn 26,000 more bonus miles
- Offer two:
- Spend $28,500, earn 38,000 bonus miles
- Spend $31,500, earn 57,000 more bonus miles
- Spend $34,500 earn 95,000 more bonus miles
- Offer one:
- Some people have also received status upgrade offers as well.
The Fine Print
- Registration is required by November 15, 2016
- Ticketing and dates: May 25, 2016, through November 30, 2016
- Bonus award miles will post to your account six to eight weeks after the promotion ends on November 30, 2016
- Anything booked before enrollment will not count
- For this promotion, only dollars spent on the “fare” on eligible flights operated by United and United Express will qualify toward meeting spending milestones. Certain specialty tickets, including but not limited to unpublished, consolidator/bulk, group, tour and opaque fares, will not be counted towards spending milestones.
- Dollars spent on tickets purchased for flights operated by a Star Alliance member airline or a MileagePlus partner airline with tickets issued by United (ticket number starting with “016”) will not qualify for this offer.
- The “fare” is the base fare of the ticket plus carrier-imposed surcharges, excluding any government-imposed taxes and surcharges. For tickets purchased in a currency other than U.S. dollars, we will convert the purchase to U.S. dollars using an industry-standard exchange rate.
- Please note that the price displayed when purchasing a ticket on united.com includes up to a 7.5% U.S. Federal Transportation Tax on the base amount of the fare on itineraries wholly within the United States. This tax also applies to certain itineraries between the United States and Canada or Mexico. The U.S. Federal Transportation tax will not count toward meeting any spending milestone
- Dollars earned toward this promotion will count as Premier® qualifying dollars toward MileagePlus Premier status qualification, but do not guarantee status. All other qualification requirements must be met for the applicable Premier® status.
- This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
It’s nice that the bonuses stack (e.g in the first offer you can earn a total of 53,000 bonus miles). United seems to have set the first requirement at slightly above what you’d normally spend during that period, that’s why the offers are so different on each account. It’s probably worth seeing if you’re targeted and enrolling even if you have no plans on actually hitting your requirements.
Share your offers in the comments.