- TastyWorks brokerage is offering a trading challenge where you can earn up to $250.
The Fine Print
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Participants are limited to $5,000 in buying power during their Trading Challenge Period.
- Participants must complete their Trading Challenge Period within 14 calendar days of registering for a Trading Challenge Account.
- The maximum promotional cash credit that can be redeemed is $250.00 USD.
- Individual margin or cash accounts are the only eligible account types that may receive a cash credit earned during the Trading Challenge period upon successfully funding with a minimum of $2,000 USD within 30 calendar days after completing the Trading Challenge. The funds must remain in your brokerage account for a minimum of six months.
- Trading Challenge and profit cash credits are limited to U.S. residents only.
- There is a limit of one Trading Challenge Account per participant for the entire Trading Challenge Promotion. Each participant is limited to a single promotional cash credit. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than one Trading Challenge Account by using multiple email addresses, registrations, logins, fictitious identities, or any other method will void the participant’s Trading Challenge Account and disqualify them from receiving a promotional cash credit.
- The Trading Challenge Period will begin at the time the participant elects to start trading in the Trading Challenge Account and end on the following two trading day’s close of the market session at 3:00pm CT (unless such day is a market holiday then the Trading Challenge Period will end at the close of the market session for that particular market holiday, which may be before 3:00pm CT). Participants who elect to start their Trading Challenge Period after 3:00pm CT and before 8:30am CT Monday – Friday will begin their Trading Challenge Period at 8:30am CT on the next trading day. Participants who elect to start their Trading Challenge Period on a Saturday or Sunday will begin their Trading Challenge Period at 8:30am CT on the next trading day.
Basically you’re given $5,000 in a trading account (play money) and you get to keep any ‘profit’ you make up to a maximum of $250. To keep your profit you need to deposit at least $2,000 within 30 days of starting the challenge. I think the best strategy would be just purchasing one position and then set it to sell as soon as you’d get to a balance of $5,250. TastyWorks also has a spin game where you can get $25-$250, but that is only for new users and not as good as the previous $250 bonus.
Hat tip to reader Chao Xu