Published on July 7th, 2018 | by William Charles24
The Economist: Sign Up For $12/Twelve Weeks & Get Up to 1,500 Miles
Update: We originally incorrectly stated it was $1 for 12 weeks, it’s actually $1 per week making the deal significantly worse.
- You can currently get a 12 week subscription to The Economist for $1 per week. In addition you can get up to 1,500 miles when you sign up
- American Airlines: 1,500 miles
- United Airlines: 1,200 if you’re a credit card holder otherwise 800 miles
- Southwest: 1,100 points
- Alaska: 1,100 miles
- Delta; 900 miles
The Fine Print
- Eligible on one (1) subscription per loyalty account number.
- Only eligible on new subscriptions.
- Only eligible on first month for pay by month subscriptions.
- Subscription must be active for at least 60 days.
- Not eligible on subscription renewals.
- Not eligible on any free products, trials, services, subscriptions and memberships
- . Not eligible on all retailer marketing subscriptions.
- Not eligible on purchases made with coupon or discount codes that are not found on this site.
- Not eligible on gift cards, gift certificates or any other similar cash equivalents
Keep in mind the account must stay active for 60 days, after the 12 week trial you are automatically subscribed to the regular pricing so make sure to cancel between that 60 day and end of the 12 week period to avoid staying subscribed. I assume cancelling requires a call in, as it does with similar WSJ deals. If you’re organized and value miles highly then these deals can be good value. Personally I find it a bit too much work for the miles involved but everybody is different.
Hat tip to reader Matt W