Published on May 19th, 2018 | by William Charles57
[Expired] [TX only] LegacyTexas $150 Checking Promotion
05/19/18: Bonus is back and valid until July 15th, 2018. Thanks to reader Chatan.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: Must be a resident of texas
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $300+
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: No
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration date:
July 15th, 2016 September 30th, 2016 March 31st, 2017 December 31st, 2017July 15th, 2018
- Open a new LegacyTexas maximum checking account and receive a bonus of $150 when you:
- Have qualifying direct deposits of at least $300 into the account within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- $150 cash bonus offer valid with a new LegacyTexas Maximum Checking account opened between May 15, 2018 and July 15, 2018.
- Limited to one per account.
- Offer not available to existing LegacyTexas personal checking account clients, joint account signers or those who have closed a LegacyTexas personal checking account within 12 months of opening a new account as part of this offer.
- LegacyTexas reserves the right to amend or cancel any part of this offer.
- To receive cash bonus, you must set up a recurring direct deposit of $300 or more that posts to your new account at least monthly AND your first direct deposit must post within 60 days of opening.
- If qualifications are met, cash bonus will be credited to your account 90 days after opening.
- Account must be open and in good standing to receive cash bonus.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There are no monthly fees or minimums on this account, according to this comment there is also no early account termination fee. Keep in mind you need to receive a monthly direct deposit or use online bill pay to make one bill payment per month otherwise your account can be downgraded.
Pretty good bonus, we just need some data points on what counts as a direct deposit. If you can easily change your employer payroll I’d recommend this bonus. If you have any experience, share it in the comments. As always, in the mean time check out our recommended bank bonuses. Might also be worth waiting for the $250 bonus to come back.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank