Published on December 22nd, 2015 | by William Charles0
U.S Bank LANPASS Visa Sign Up Bonus Increased To 30,000 Miles/48,000KM
- Receive a sign up bonus of 48,000 kms (30,000 bonus miles), broken down as follows:
- 20,000 miles after your first purchase within 90 days of account opening
- Additional 10,000 miles after you make a total of 45 transactions within 90 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Valid until December 31st, 2015
- You won’t always be approved for the Visa Signature, you might be approved for the standard card or secured card which have lower sign up bonus
- Annual fee of $75 is waived for the first year
- 4,000 Bonus Miles (6,437 kms) anniversary bonus
- 20% off (up to $1,000) your first LAN or TAM purchase one time per year
- 3 upgrade coupons each year on LAN
- 25% flight bonus when flying on LAN
- Valid until June 30th, 2015
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x miles per $1 spent on all LAN/TAM purchases
- 1x miles on all other purchases
What I find most interesting about this offer is that there is no minimum spend requirement, but instead a transaction requirement. Last time that U.S Bank offered this deal they required $2,500 in spend, presumably they think that people will spend more than $2,500 if required to make 45 purchases (works out to be about $55 per transaction). Personally I don’t mind this, as it’s much easier to generate cheap transactions than spending $2,500.
I can’t seem to locate the LAN award chart (old link is not working), but 30,000 miles should be enough to get you a round trip ticket to Peru, Colombia, Ecuador & the Caribbean. Or you can transfer more miles in from SPG (1:1.5 rate).
If you’re thinking of applying for this card, keep in mind that U.S Bank isn’t very generous when it comes to credit cards and that it’s a good idea to freeze your SageStream and ARS reports before applying. The standard offer on this card is just 20,000 miles after your first purchase.