Published on May 16th, 2019 | by William Charles39
Uber Launches ‘Quiet Mode’ But Only For Uber Black Rides
Uber has launched a number of new features for Uber Black rides:
- Quiet Mode: if you need to respond to emails or are in the mood for a nap, make your trip a quieter one with just one tap. If you’re in the mood to chat, that’s an option too.
- Help with Luggage: let your driver know an extra pair of hands is needed for your luggage.
- Temperature Control: communicate your optimal temperature before entering a vehicle.
- Extended Pickup Period: riders will have a little extra time to get to the car when unexpected delays pop up (increases from 2 minutes to 5 minutes)
- Premium Support: access premium phone support with live agents if you need something to be made right.
- Professionalism: ride with confidence knowing that your professional, commercially-licensed driver is at the top of his or her game.
- Consistent Vehicle Quality: expect the same kinds of rides, every time, with consistent vehicle model, makes, interiors, and exteriors.
Lyft was considering something similar to quiet mode called ‘Zen Mode‘ late last year, but I guess they decided not to implement it. I hope the option for quiet mode gets introduced for UberX rides as well. Most of the time I love having a chat to my driver (if they are into it) but sometimes I just want to be a zombie because I haven’t slept in 36 hours and still need to answer some e-mails. I realize that I can just tell my driver that, but for some reason I find that far more awkward than just being able to select it in app (although I’m a fairly awkward sort of person, so maybe it’s only me that has this problem).
Hat tip to OMaaT