Published on February 28th, 2019 | by Chuck3
United Shopping 500-1,000 Bonus Miles for First-Time Portal Users
Update 2/27/19: Deal is available again. Hat tip to reader AZ
- First-time United MileagePlus Shopping portal users get a bonus 500 miles when shopping $125 through their portal within 2 weeks of signup.
- Shop with a United MileagePlus credit card and earn 1,000 bonus miles when you spend $150
The Fine Print
- This ”New Member” bonus offer (the “Bonus Offer”) is available only to new members of the MileagePlus Shopping site (the “Site”) who complete a “qualifying purchase(s)” (defined below) within two weeks of signing up for the MileagePlus Shopping program for the first time(the “Bonus Period”).
- Please refer to your MileagePlus Shopping Welcome emails for the specific expiration date for this Bonus Offer (i.e., the end date for the Bonus Period).
- During the Bonus Period, Member will receive five hundred (500) MileagePlus miles (“Bonus Awards Miles”) when they make qualifying purchase(s) through MileagePlus Shopping totaling $125.00 or more.
- Mileage Plus Credit Card Members will receive one thousand (1000) MileagePlus miles (“Bonus Awards Miles”) when they make qualifying purchase(s) through MileagePlus Shopping totaling $150.00 or more.
- Member must login and make the qualifying purchase(s) through the Site during the Bonus Period.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks for Bonus Award Miles to post to your MileagePlus Shopping account.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include product returns or cancellations, gift card purchases, and certain products identified by the individual merchant.
- Individual merchants may have additional terms and conditions on their store details page on the Site, which terms and conditions will apply to this Bonus Offer.
- Each new MileagePlus Shopping mall account is eligible for a maximum of one (1) Bonus Award Miles reward.
- All Mileage Plus Shopping program rules and regulations apply.
- Void where prohibited by law.
Seems like this is a standard welcome bonus for the portal (maybe we’ve even written about it before?). Hopefully the same $150 in spend can get you both bonuses, though that’s not entirely clear.
United cardholders will probably get the 1,000 points bonus even if you don’t pay for the purchase with your United credit card (so long as the card is recognized by your account), but the terms are vague on this point.
Hat tip to Frequentmiler