Published on October 17th, 2019 | by William Charles273
Wells Fargo Propel World 40,000 Point Bonus Also Available Via Phone
Update 10/17/19: Looks like it might be offered again. Reader Kyle was able to call in and get the bonus.
Update 10/2/19: Looks like this is no longer being offered, if anybody does get them to offer it let us know in the comments. For the best current credit card bonuses click here.
Update: Bonus still being offered.
Update: Looks like this bonus might have finally been pulled. Can anybody confirm?
Wells Fargo used to offer the Wells Fargo Propel World card online, then that stopped being publicly available, then our hidden links stopped working. Recently it’s still been possible to still get the 40,000 point sign up bonus by going into a Wells Fargo branch, but even that hasn’t worked for everybody.
- Call Wells Fargo
- Ask to apply for a new credit card
- Specify the card you want to apply for (Wells Fargo Propel World)
- Confirm the bonus & other details
Signing up by phone is almost as tedious as signing up in branch (they read a lot of disclaimers and other information out to you and I imagine Wells Fargo are very cautious when it comes to account openings now). The reason why people might want to consider this card is because of the following:
- Earn 40,000 bonus points with $3,000 in net purchases in the first 3 months.
- Earn 3X points on Airlines, 2X on Hotels, and 1X on other net purchases.
- Get up to $100 in reimbursements each year for qualifying incidental airline charges like airline lounges, baggage fees, and more
- Annual fee of $175 is waived the first year
Points are worth 1¢ each so this bonus is worth $400 + $100 in reimbursements. You can read our full review of this card here. This card is also on our best credit card sign up bonus page, mostly due to the fact I don’t think it’ll be available forever.