Published on July 21st, 2017 | by William Charles41
[YMMV] American Express Business Platinum: 50,000 Points Bonus For EXISTING CUSTOMERS
No direct link, check your e-mails (subject line is ‘<first name>, earn 50,000 extra points with your Business Platinum Card(R)’
- American Express is offering existing business platinum cardholders a bonus of up to 50,000 points. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- 40,000 Membership Rewards points after $5,000 in spend
- Extra 10,000 points after an additional $5,000 in spend
- Spend period is July 15th until October 15th
The Fine Print
- No need to enroll in promo, as long as you received e-mail you are eligible
- First Tier: Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points after you use your enrolled Card to spend at least $5,000 (the “First Tier Spend Requirement”) on qualifying purchases* between 07/15/17 through 10/15/17 (the “Offer Period”);
Second Tier: Earn an additional 10,000 Membership Rewards points after you use your enrolled Card to spend at least an additional $5,000 (the “Second Tier Spend Requirement”) on qualifying purchases* during the Offer Period.
It’s extremely rare to see spending bonuses for existing customers this high, this is the sort of bonus you’d expect for new cardholders. What’s even more interesting is that it doesn’t seem to be only targeted for people with their AF becoming due during the offer period either. First bonus is an extra 8x membership rewards per $1 spent which is incredibly good and the next 10,000 bonus is an extra 2x per dollar spent (works out to be 9x or 3x on all purchases) so still great just not as great as the first tier. I’ve been saying that American Express has been becoming increasingly desperate and generous with their promotions in an aim to keep cardholders happy and sign up new accounts and this is just an extension of this, enjoy it while it lasts.
Hat tip to all the readers who sent this is, legitimately there is too many to name but it really means the world to me that readers think of me and this site when they receive a good deal.