This offer has expired, view more transfer bonuses here.
- American Express is offering a transfer bonus when you transfer your Membership Rewards points to JetBlue. These points usually transfer 250:200. It seems people are receiving three offers:
- 30% bonus (transfers 250:260)
- 20% bonus (transfers 250:240)
- 10% bonus (transfers 250:220)
- No bonus (transfers still 250:200)
The Fine Print
- Valid until March 25, 2018
- Minimum transfer is 250 Membership Rewards points.
- For each conversion of points into the Frequent Flyer program of a U.S. airline, a fee of $0.0006 per point, with a maximum fee of $99, will be charged to your Card account.
- We charge this fee to offset the federal excise tax we must pay on such conversions.
- The fee may be more or less than the actual amount of the excise tax we pay on any individual conversion.
- We may offer you the option to redeem points to cover this fee.
American Express has offered the following transfer bonuses on JetBlue before:
- November 1st – November 30th, 2017: 25% bonus
- May 1st – May 31st, 2017: 25% bonus
- August 15th – September 15th, 2014: 25% bonus
- June 12th, 2012 – June 17th, 2012: 30% bonus
As you can see the 30% bonus is slightly better than they normally offer and 20% is slightly worse. You can view a full list of all the transfer bonuses American Express have offered here. There are no other transfer bonuses currently being offered. How useful this transfer bonus will depend on how much you value JetBlue points, membership rewards points and also what offer you have.
Hat tip to Miles to Memories.