Published on June 13th, 2019 | by Chuck50
[YMMV] Chase Sapphire Preferred Prequalified Offer for 70,000 Points Signup Bonus
[Update 6/13/19: A new report today of this offer showing now (ht NeverNotThrowaway). Added an image below.]
Chase is showing for some an increased signup bonus pre-qualified offer on the Chase Sapphire Preferred:
- Get 70,000 points after $4,000 in spend within the first three months. $95 annual fee is not waived on this offer.
- $95 annual fee, not waived first year
- No foreign transaction fees
- Primary car rental insurance
- This card earns at the following rates:
- 2x points per $1 spent on travel and dining at restaurants
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Transferable points
- Redeem points on Chase’s travel portal at a value of 1.25¢ due to the 25% travel redemption bonus
- Not eligible if you’ve received a sign up bonus on the Sapphire Preferred/Reserve in the last 48 months (standard is now 48 months)
- Chase 5/24 rule applies to this card
In the past, there have been 30,000 Freedom prequalified offers too, so keep an eye out for that as well. As far as I know these prequalified offers do not bypass the 5/24 rule, unfortunately. These offers are sometimes available in branch as well, but typically only for Chase Private Client customers.
Public sign up bonuses on the CSP is currently 60,000 points; both offers have the $95 annual fee intact for the first year. Another option is the Just For You offers found in the Chase login, some are seeing there an offer for 60,000 points with the annual fee waived. The advantage of Just For You offers is that 5/24 doesn’t seem to affect those whereas the prequalified offers are affected by 5/24. Reader more about prequalified offers in this post.
If you are in 2-player mode, you may want to use a referral which gets 15,000 points + 60,000 points signup bonus (just keep in mind the possibility of paying taxes on those 15,000 points).
Thanks to reader Arthur for sending in this offer and image.