Published on April 9th, 2014 | by William Charles0
You Can Now Link Your Credit Card With Coupons.com To Receive Savings
Coupons.com has added the option to link coupon codes to your credit card, this means you no longer have to deal with printed out coupons and you can easily stack them with other offers. You can currently use this with any credit card (AmEx, Mastercard, Visa. Although Discover is not listed as currently working).
How It Works
- Consumers register their card with coupons.com via the website or mobile application
- Consumers select the coupons they are interested in
- Consumers use their linked card at participating businesses
- An e-mail or text message will then be sent to the consumer to alert them that their transaction has qualified for the savings
What & How Much Do You Earn?
Each offer is either for additional cash back or a gift card, depending on the offer. The exact amount you’ll also receive will vary from deal to deal.
How Long Does It Take To Receive Your Bonus?
It depends if the offer is for cash back or a gift card.
- Cash back: users will receive cash back directly to their link credit card within a few days
- Gift cards: redemption codes are sent within a few minutes
At the time of launch coupons.com had 12 participating retailers. The rewards rate varied from 6%-10% in cash back/coupons. The highlight is probably $20 cash back when you spend $200 at travelocity.
At the moment they aren’t offering any deals that are that special, but it’ll be interesting to see if opportunities arise where you can double or even triple dip with other existing programs to get a massive savings. Our suggestion would be to not link any of your cards until you see an offer you’re actually interested in, that way if there is a security breach at coupons.com you won’t be affected.
Hat tip pfdigest from saverocity