Published on October 2nd, 2016 | by William Charles9
American Express Hilton Surpass 100,000 Point Bonus Offer Returns
- American Express have increased the sign up bonus on the Hilton HHonors Surpass card to 100,000 points if you spend $3,000 or more within three months of account opening
The Fine Print
- Annual fee of $75 is not waived
- American Express personal cards are not churnable. Welcome bonus is not available to those who have or who have had this card in the past.
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 12x points per dollar on purchases with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio
- 6x points per dollar U.S restaurants [read: best credit cards for restaurant purchases]
- 6x points per dollar at U.S supermarkets [read: best credit cards for grocery store spend]
- 6x points per dollar at U.S gas stations [read: best credit cards for gas station purchases]
- 3x points per dollar on all other purchases [read: best credit cards for every day spend]
- Card comes with complimentary gold status, if you spend $40,000 or more in a calendar year you will receive HHonors Diamond status through the end of next year
- Free priority pass membership
- Valid until November 30th, 2016
This is the highest this bonus has ever been, but we’ve seen this offer twice already this year so it’s really just the standard increased bonus. It’s worth waiting before you sign up for this bonus for two reasons:
- Referral links will be available soon and that way you can help support other readers (we’ll make a new post so you can share your links)
- It’s rumored American Express wants to compete with the Chase Sapphire Reserve, and they might launch a new card (or make changes to existing products). You’re limited to two American Express credit cards every 90 days.
You have until November 30th for this offer, so no real rush unless you are desperate for Hilton points. Before you do apply, make sure you read through these things you should know about American Express cards. Also please read that post before asking basic questions, as it’s most likely answered there. The no annual fee American Express Hilton card is also offering a 75,000 point bonus.