Published on September 9th, 2015 | by Chuck98
Discover 10% Bonus with Apple Pay, $2,000 Profit per Discover Card!
Discover announced today that starting September 16, cardmembers will be able to add their Discover cards to Apple Pay. As part of the rollout, they are making an amazing offer.
- Use your Discover cashback card with Apple Pay and get a 10% cashback bonus for up to $10,000 of in-store purchases.
- Use your Discover it Miles, Miles and Escape with Apple Pay and earn an extra 10 miles per dollar on up to $10,000 of in-store purchases.
This offer is available from September 16 until years end. You can get 10% or 10-miles on up to $10,000 in purchases over those 3 & 1/2 months.
The Fine Print
- In-store purchases only
- In stores, Apple Pay works with iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch, as well as iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, upon availability.
Wow! Wow! Not much more to say.
In the past, we’ve verified that ALL Discover cashback will be doubled at years end (for those enrolled in the double cashback offer), even for things like referral bonuses and Deals. It’s fair to assume this 10% bonus will be doubled as well.
This means you can get $2,000 cashback on $10,000 in spend. You may think it’s hard to do $10,000 in spend, but it’s not. Walgreens and Duane Reade accept Apple Pay and they sell $500 Visa gift cards. And there are probably some other good options as well. Let us know other ideas in the comments.
See also 22% Cashback with Discover and Apple Pay (23% with DIM, 30% at Department Stores) where we expanded on more details of this promo.
I may buy an iPhone to take advantage of this offer (ATT Access perhaps?). Or you can try asking a friend to use their phone. It could also make sense to apply for another Discover card in order to take advantage of this offer as it would be the equivalent of a $2,100 signup bonus; $2,000 from the promo + $100 from the initial signup via referral.
- Discover 10% Bonus with Apple Pay, $2,000 Profit per Discover Card!
- 22% Cashback with Discover and Apple Pay (23% with DIM, 30% at Department Stores)
- Which Q4 5% Discover Categories Accept Apple Pay?
- Discover Referral Links Go Here
- Discover Extends Double Cashback Offer for New Cardmembers, Should We Bite?
- Discover’s Apple Pay Deal and the New Gift Card Exclusion
- Discover Enforces Gift Card Exclusion, With Slight Leeway
- Maximizing the Apple Pay Promo without Gift Cards
Update: Please don’t referral spam your links in the comments. I’ve removed links that provided no value apart from referral links.