- Receive a 25% transfer bonus when you transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles. The standard rate is 1:1, so this means it would be 1:1.25. So if you transfer 1,000 Membership Rewards you’d receive 1,250 HawaiianMiles.
The Fine Print
- Valid until June 21st, 2017
Hawaiian Airline Mile Uses
You can get flights for 40,000 miles round trip with the card from mainland USA to Hawaii (35,000 with the Hawaiian credit card), but there isn’t a lot of space available. More space is available at the 25,000-30,000 one way pricing. Another good use of the miles is for inter-island flights in Hawaii; they come out at 7,500 miles per one way trip.
You can transfer Hawaiian Miles to Hilton. These miles cannot be transferred to Hilton due to this fine print:
Note: Transfers will be made immediately, however, please allow up to 48 hours for the transfer to be complete. Points transferred into HawaiianMiles accounts may not be transferred to a third party loyalty program.
This is the highest transfer bonus American Express offers on transfers to Hawaiian. Here are the historical bonuses they have offered:
- June 6th – 21st, 2016: 25% bonus
- December 8th – 21st, 2015: 25% bonus
- June 11th – June 23rd, 2014: 20% bonus
They offered the same bonus last year. You can view a full history of all American Express transfer bonuses by going here. At the moment they are not offering any other transfer bonuses.