Published on December 9th, 2015 | by William Charles76
[Expired]$300 KeyBank Checking Sign Up Bonus [AK, CO, ID, IN, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, or WA only]
We’re reposting this offer as it has been extended and there is a new promotional code as well.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $300
- Availability: AK, CO, ID, IN, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, or WA only
- Direct deposit required: Yes, a total of at least $500 within 60 days of account opening. Almost any ACH transfer should trigger this requirement, click here to see what has worked in the past.
- Additional requirements:
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Up to $100
- Monthly fees: None – $18, waive-able
- Early account termination fee: $25 if closed within 180 days of opening
- Expiration date:
December 25th, 2015January 1st, 2016
- Open a qualifying KeyBank checking account with the promotional code EDGT1115 and receive a direct deposit of at least $500 or more within 60 days of account opening and receive a sign up bonus of $300.
The Fine Print
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
- Offer is available to new bank clients who have not had any type of account with KeyBank within the last 12 months
- Direct deposit transactions are limited to payroll, Social Security, pension and government benefits, although in the past other direct deposits have triggered this bonus.
- Bonus will post within 90 days of meeting the requirements
- Qualifying accounts are: Key Express Checking® (this is the basic banking account in NY), Key Advantage®, Key Coverage Checking®, Key PrivilegeSM, Key Privilege Select CheckingSM, or KeyBank Hassle-Free Account®
Hassle Free Checking Account
The best account to open is the Hassle Free Checking account which has no monthly fees or monthly minimums.
Early Account Termination Fee $25
If you close your account within 180 days, you are required to pay an early account closure fee of $25
This is the best offer KeyBank has ever offered, in the past they have given $200 for the hassle free account or $300 for Key Advantage account (which is much harder to keep fee free than the hassle free account). Because it’s so easy to meet the direct deposit requirement and keep this account fee free (and the size of the bonus) we’ve added it to our best bank bonus page. It can also be found in our complete listing of all bank account bonuses found here.
It might also be worth keeping the account open after receiving the bonus, not only to avoid the early account termination fee but also because KeyBank has in the past sent out targeted $50 offers when they hadn’t been using their accounts much.
Hat tip to reader Joseph L