Published on November 22nd, 2016 | by William Charles32
[Sold out] $5 Off Visa Gift Cards At Giftcardmall
This deal has sold out, make sure to follow us on Twitter so you don’t miss out on any deals.
- Receive a discount of $5 on Visa gift cards from GiftCardMall.com when you use the promo code 5OFF
The Fine Print
- Promo code 5OFF is valid on Visa Gift Cards from GiftCardMall.com through 11/27/16, up to a maximum of 12,000 Visa card units.
- Store and eGift Cards are not a part of this promotion.
- Savings are applied to the card fee.
- Visa Gift Cards may be used wherever Visa debit cards are accepted.
- Visa Gift Cards are issued pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and MetaBank, Member FDIC.
Here is what the math on a $500 gift card looks like:
- Purchase $500 gift card with $5.95 fee using $5 off coupon (-$500.95)
- Receive 1.25% cash back (+$6.25)
- Receive any credit card rewards points you’d normally earn
You’re basically getting negative cost gift cards. Two things to keep in mind:
- GiftCardMall has a history of cancelling orders for no real reason
- All of their Visa gift cards are now issued by MetaBank and should come with a PIN (previously they also had cards from Sunrise that didn’t come with PINs).
This is limited to 13,000 cards, so I suspect it will sell out quite quickly.
Hat tip to Travel With Grant for letting me know via e-mail