Published on January 9th, 2020 | by Chuck182
All Southwest Personal Cards 75,000 Points Signup with $5,000 Spend in 6 Months (Public & Referral Offers)
Update 1/9/20: Offer is now available publicly, found on the Southwest site. I imagine affiliate sites will get these too. Consider using a reader’s link or a link from a site you’ve gained from in the past instead of using a public link; we don’t use credit card affiliate links on DoC. [Getting an offer match (if you signed up at a lower offer) is more-or-less guaranteed now given the public offer.]
Update 1/7/20: Multiple reports indicate that they are now matching this offer for those who signed up earlier. This is despite the initial lack of success some were having. Might be worth adding a link or image to the Secure Message to prove you have the offer. (My personal guess is that the 75k offer will soon go public, and they’ve now taught the reps to start matching it already now.) You will need to meet the higher $5k spend to get the match. This comment is also interesting.
No direct link, you need to use a referral link to get this offer
- Signup for the Southwest Plus, Premier, or Priority credit card and get up to 75,000 Southwest points:
- Get 40,000 points when you spend $1,000 within 3 months.
- Get 35,000 when you spend $5,000 within 6 months (for a possible total of 75,000 points).
Offer ends February 18, 2020.
- Chase 5/24 rule does apply to this card
- Annual fees are not waived the first year
- The Premier personal and business cards earn a 6,000 points anniversary bonus; the Plus earns 3,000 points anniversary bonus; the Priority earns 7,500 anniversary bonus
- Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card Full Review & F.A.Q’s
- How Much Are Southwest Rapid Rewards Points Worth?
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About The Southwest Companion Pass
This offer is really terrific; standard offer is 40,000 points signup bonus, and the best we’ve seen in the past was 60,000 points with $2,000 spend. The timing is also right here as you can meet the spend requirement immediately and get the Companion Pass for almost two years if you find a way to meet the remaining spend (e.g. signing up for a business card too).
Check out these Things to Know about Chase before applying. If you recently got the Southwest card, you might be able to get this offer matched if you show Chase that you were referred by a friend, but no guarantee given that this is a referral offer, not a public offer.
A few points:
- It’s not clear if you need to spend $6,000 total or $5,000 total get the the full 75k bonus. My read is that you just need to spend $5,000 total.
- Remember, you can refer a friend to ANY version of the Southwest card, so if you have a friend with the Priority, you can use their referral and signup for the Plus. You’ll get the increased offer and they’ll get their referral bonus. This is really as good as it gets.
As of now, this offer is only available via referral link. Make a friend happy and ask them for their referral.
DO NOT REFER IN THE COMMENTS HERE, instead, head over to this dedicated referral post to find a referral. Try to find someone who has been helpful in the past.
Hat tip to jedimindtrix24