Published on February 1st, 2020 | by William Charles26
Amazon: $20/$40 Off $50/$100 When You Use 1 Membership Rewards Point [YMMV]
Direct link to offer (affiliate link here and below)
- Amazon is offering $20 off $50 or $40 off $100 when you use one Membership Rewards point (different people have different offers. Some people are not eligible. If you’re not eligible follow these steps)
The Fine Print
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 3/31/2020, or (b) the time at which 200,000 customers have redeemed the offer. The promotion button will expire concurrently.
- Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $50 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if they are “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $20 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled card per one account
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $20.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible Membership Rewards points card issued in United States.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
Do you need prime to do this deal?
Why isn’t it working for me?
This offer is targeted, but you can check these things:
- Make sure you’ve activated the offer first.
- Make sure your Membership Rewards account is linked to your Amazon account (do that here).
- Make sure you’re applying at least one Membership Rewards point at checkout.
- Try removing all of your Membership Rewards cards, then adding one back and linking it again. (original post)
- Bonus option: You can try removing all credit cards on your Amazon account apart from one Membership Rewards card. This has worked in the past, so maybe it’ll work for this.
Can you use this across multiple accounts?
It should work once on each account. Hard to know for certain that Amazon won’t have a problem with that.
Can I pay with my Amazon gift card balance in conjunction with Shop with Points?
Yes. Check out the post How to Use an Amazon Gift Card with a Shop-with-Points Order for 3 methods:
- Gift card balance is less than the purchase amount.
- Apply a gift card and it ‘unlocks’ your gift card balance.
- Set the points card as your default payment method.
This deal works on third party gift cards, but presumably not Amazon or Visa gift cards. Samples gift cards available on Amazon:
- Link to all physical gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Link to all electronic gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Whole Foods
- Giant Foods
- Stop and Shop
- Best Buy (physical or electronic)
- Amazon Gold Box Deals
- Airpods for $129 (sells for $159 from Apple) – get additional $20/$40 off with this deal
- AirPods with Wireless Charging Case for $169 (sells for $199 from Apple) – get additional $20/$40 off with this deal
- Airpods Pro for $249 – get additional $20/$40 off with this deal
- Echo Buds (Amazon brand) for $90 (reg. $130) – get additional $20/$40 off with this deal