Published on July 11th, 2019 | by William Charles34
How To Force Getting Targeted For American Express / Chase / Citi / Discover / Wells Fargo Amazon Promotions
Update 7/6/19: This has been confirmed to be working by a lot of readers, if you haven’t tried it then I would recommend giving it a try ahead of Prime day.
At the moment there are a number of different promotions that credit card issuers are running for Amazon:
- [YMMV] Amazon: Use One Chase Ultimate Rewards Points & Get $15 Off $60
- [YMMV] Amazon: Get 20% Off When You Use At Least One Membership Rewards Point ($50 Maximum Discount; Works on Giftcards; Expires July 16th)
- Amazon $30 off $60 when Using MR Points, Works on Gift Cards [Targeted]
- [YMMV] Amazon: Use One Discover Point/Cashback & Get $10 Off $30 (Works On Giftcards)
- [YMMV] Amazon: Get $10 Credit when Changing your 1-Click Payment Method to Wells Fargo Card
All of these promotions are targeted or YMMV. The below steps won’t always work, but they can help you get targeted for the above promotions (inspired by FM).
- Delete your saved cards on Amazon (you’ll want to delete the cards you want to get the targeted offers on. So if you’re trying to do a Membership Rewards earning promotion then delete all of the American Express cards)
- Add the card(s) back to your account
- Re-enroll in shop with points (or the other relevant program). Remember to make sure you don’t set pay with points as the default to avoid wasting points in the future
- Check to see if you’re targeted for the promotion (it might take a few days to show up. My recommendation would be to check every day for a week and then you can check less frequently after that)
Again this won’t always work, but it has worked in the past. In addition after completing a promotion I’d always remove the card again so you have a better chance of being targeted immediately when a new promotion is released. Might also be wise to save these promotions for Prime day if there is something you know you’ll want to buy and it’s likely it will be on sale.