At the moment there are a number of different promotions that credit card issuers are running for Amazon:
- Amazon: Get 30%/40% Off on Amazon when Using 1 Membership Rewards Point (Max $30/$50 Discount) [YMMV]
- Amazon: Get $20 Off $80+ On Amazon When Using 1 Membership Rewards Point [YMMV]
- [YMMV] Amazon: Get 20% Off With Using 1 Citi ThankYou Point ($30 Max Discount) – Working For Second Time
- [YMMV] Amazon: Get $10 Off When You Use 1 Discover Point ($60/$80/$100 Spend)
- Amazon: Get 20% Off When You Use 1 Discover Point ($50 Maximum Discount)
- [YMMV] Amazon: Add Any Debit & Get $10/$20 Promo Credit
- [YMMV] Amazon: Add A Mastercard & Get $10 Promo Credit
- [YMMV] Amazon: Add An American Express Card & Get $10 Promo Credit
- Amazon: Get $10 Off $50 Using 1 Membership Rewards Point [YMMV]
All of these promotions are targeted or YMMV. The below steps won’t always work, but they can help you get targeted for the above promotions (inspired by FM).
- Delete your saved cards on Amazon (you’ll want to delete the cards you want to get the targeted offers on. So if you’re trying to do a Membership Rewards earning promotion then delete all of the American Express cards)
- Add the card(s) back to your account
- Re-enroll in shop with points (or the other relevant program). Remember to make sure you don’t set pay with points as the default to avoid wasting points in the future
- Check to see if you’re targeted for the promotion (it might take a few days to show up. My recommendation would be to check every day for a week and then you can check less frequently after that)
Again this won’t always work, but it has worked in the past. In addition after completing a promotion I’d always remove the card again so you have a better chance of being targeted immediately when a new promotion is released. Might also be wise to save these promotions for Prime day if there is something you know you’ll want to buy and it’s likely it will be on sale.
- Update 11/28/19: Do this now if you haven’t already to make sure you’re targeted before Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales end.
- [YMMV] Amazon: Use One Chase Ultimate Rewards Points & Get $15 Off $60
- [YMMV] Amazon: Get 20% Off on Amazon when Using 1 Discover Point (Max $50 Discount)
- [YMMV] Amazon: Get 20% Off on Amazon when Using 1 Membership Rewards Point (Max $50 Discount)Update 11/6/19: A reminder that this method will work for the following offers:
- Update 7/6/19: This has been confirmed to be working by a lot of readers, if you haven’t tried it then I would recommend giving it a try ahead of Prime day.