This deal has expired, view the best current checking account bonuses.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: In branch only, all branches are in PA. [Branch locator. Seems to be broken so just use Google]
- Direct deposit required: None
- Additional requirements: Open with debit card
- Hard/soft pull: One report of hard, two of soft.
- ChexSystems: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Unknown
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: July 13th, 2018
- Mid Penn Bank is offering a bonus of $150 when you open a new checking account. To receive the bonus you just need to open the Simply Free Checking account with a Visa debit card in branch.
The Fine Print
- To receive $150, customer must open a Simply Free Checking account and Visa debit card.
- Bonus will be distributed within 5 business days of account opening.
- Bonus is reportable for tax purposes.
- Bonus is limited to one per customer and is not available to employees of Mid Penn Bank.
- Offer valid for new customers only. Offer valid through July 13, 2018.
- Offer valid only for in-person account openings at the event
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Simply Free Checking account doesn’t have any monthly fees to worry about.
Early Account Termination Fee
I was unable to find a fee schedule so I’m unsure if there is any early account termination fee.
Gotta love bonuses without any requirements. Definitely worth doing if it’s a soft pull, you can generally ask in branch before you sign up (please share if you do ask, along with whether it did or didn’t cause a hard pull). I doubt you can fund with a credit card due to the fact it’s in branch. I’ll be adding this to the best bank bonuses if it is a soft pull. Keep in mind it’s not valid for long.
Big thanks to reader, Matt who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times