Published on December 3rd, 2019 | by Chuck54
[Extended; YMMV] Amazon: Get 20% Off on Amazon when Using 1 Membership Rewards Point (Max $50 Discount)
Update 12/3/19: Offer has been extended through 12/31. The 20%/$10 Discover deal has been extended as well. Working for new people to activate and working at checkout for those who’ve already activated this previously. Not sure if it’s working for anyone a second time for those who’ve already used it.
Update 12/2/19: Last day for this offer.
Update 11/7/19: One reader had the 20% offer, used that and then checked the following day and also had the $20 off $100+ offer. Worth checking after your first offer to see if you have a second offer as well. Hat tip to reader KT
- 1 The Offer
- 2 The Fine Print
- 3 Other Deals
- 4 F.A.Q’s
- 5 Our Verdict
Direct link to offer (affiliate link here and below)
- Amazon is offering 20% off your order (max $50 discount) when you use at least 1 Membership Rewards points at checkout.
- Others are getting a similar deal: Get $20 off an order $100+ when you use at least 1 Membership Rewards point at checkout.
The Fine Print
- This is a limited offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 12/02/2019, or (b) the time at which offers worth $5,000,000 have been redeemed.
- The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page.) Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
There are a few other similar deals shop with points deals on Amazon. We’ve written about these in the past, and they are still active.
- Get 20% off (max $50 discount) when you use at least 1 Membership Rewards point (This Post)
- Get $30 off $60 on Amazon when you use at least 1 Membership Rewards point (Our Original Post)
- Get 25% off Amazon devices when you use at least 1 Membership Rewards point, up to $50 off. (Our Original Post)
- Get 20% off, up to $50 when you use at least 1 Discover Cashback Bonus point (Our Original Post)
- Get $10 off $30 on Amazon when you use at least 1 Discover Cashback Bonus point (Our Original Post)
- Get 25% off Amazon devices when you use at least 1 Discover Cashback Bonus point, up to $50 off (Our Original Post)
Most of these deals expire on 12/31/19 while the two 20% deals expire on 12/2/19.
Do you need prime to do this deal?
I got it on my Prime accounts, and not on my non-Prime accounts, but I believe it’s working for some people without Prime as well. Might depend if it’s a highly-used Amazon account.
Why isn’t it working for me?
This offer is targeted, but you can check these things:
- Make sure you’ve activated the offer first.
- Make sure your Membership Rewards account is linked to your Amazon account (do that here).
- Make sure you’re applying at least one Membership Rewards point at checkout.
- Try removing all of your Membership Rewards cards, then adding one back and linking it again. (original post)
- Bonus option: You can try removing all credit cards on your Amazon account apart from one Membership Rewards card. This has worked in the past, so maybe it’ll work for this.
Can you use this across multiple accounts?
It should work once on each account. Hard to know for certain that Amazon won’t have a problem with that.
Can I pay with my Amazon gift card balance in conjunction with Shop with Points?
Yes. Check out the post How to Use an Amazon Gift Card with a Shop-with-Points Order for 3 methods:
- Gift card balance is less than the purchase amount.
- Apply a gift card and it ‘unlocks’ your gift card balance.
- Set the points card as your default payment method.
Can I use the 20% across a bunch of small orders until I hit $50?
Yes, that’s worked for me in previous offers.
The 20% off deal is obviously better due to the higher $50 savings potential. Stack these deals with this Amex Offer for $15/1,500 with $75 purchase if you were targeted for that deal and haven’t yet used it.
This deal works on third party gift cards, but presumably not Amazon or Visa gift cards. Samples gift cards available on Amazon:
- Link to all physical gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Link to all electronic gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Whole Foods
- Giant Foods
- Stop and Shop
- Best Buy (physical or electronic)
Other interesting links:
- Amazon Gold Box Deals
- Airpods Pro
- 32GB Apple iPad 9.7″ Wi-Fi + Cellular Tablet (Previous Model, Gold) on sale for $299
- Apple iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular, 128GB) – Silver (Previous Model) on sale for $399
- Bose QuietComfort 25 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones (Wired 3.5mm) on sale for $129
Hat tip to Dansdeals