Published on February 1st, 2020 | by William Charles95
[Expired] Amazon: Get 20% Off on Amazon when Using 1 Membership Rewards Point (Max $50 Discount) [YMMV]
Update 2/1/20: Looks like this offer now is back showing the 2/15/20 end-date (as it had been showing initially), so there’s still a couple weeks remaining. Separately, Amex released a $20/$50 or $40/$100 promo which goes through the month of March. If you are enrolled in both offers, you can use each one separately; the first order you make, it’ll apply the 20% offer, and after that’s used it’ll apply the $20/$40 offer.
Update 1/31/20: Last day.
Update 1/20/20: They changed the end date to 1/31/20 (previously it was 2/29/20). Less than 2 weeks left.
- 1 The Offer
- 2 The Fine Print
- 3 F.A.Q’s
- 4 Our Verdict
Direct link to offer (affiliate link here and below)
- Amazon is offering 20% off your order (max $50 discount) when you use at least 1 Membership Rewards points at checkout. Maximum discount of $50 applies
The Fine Print
- This is a limited offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 2/29/2020, or (b) the time at which offers worth 80,000 offers have been redeemed
- The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page.) Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
Do you need prime to do this deal?
Why isn’t it working for me?
This offer is targeted, but you can check these things:
- Make sure you’ve activated the offer first.
- Make sure your Membership Rewards account is linked to your Amazon account (do that here).
- Make sure you’re applying at least one Membership Rewards point at checkout.
- Try removing all of your Membership Rewards cards, then adding one back and linking it again. (original post)
- Bonus option: You can try removing all credit cards on your Amazon account apart from one Membership Rewards card. This has worked in the past, so maybe it’ll work for this.
Can you use this across multiple accounts?
It should work once on each account. Hard to know for certain that Amazon won’t have a problem with that.
Can I pay with my Amazon gift card balance in conjunction with Shop with Points?
Yes. Check out the post How to Use an Amazon Gift Card with a Shop-with-Points Order for 3 methods:
- Gift card balance is less than the purchase amount.
- Apply a gift card and it ‘unlocks’ your gift card balance.
- Set the points card as your default payment method.
Can I use the 20% across a bunch of small orders until I hit $50?
Yes, that’s worked for me in previous offers.
We’ve seen similar offers multiple times before, usually whenever a new offer like this comes along it can be done again. If you’re not targeted then follow these instructions. Stacks nicely with the warehouse deal for another 20% off. If you found this post helpful, consider giving it a retweet on twitter.
This deal works on third party gift cards, but presumably not Amazon or Visa gift cards. Samples gift cards available on Amazon:
- Link to all physical gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Link to all electronic gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Whole Foods
- Giant Foods
- Stop and Shop
- Best Buy (physical or electronic)
- Amazon Gold Box Deals
- Airpods for $129 (sells for $159 from Apple) – get additional 20% off with this deal
- AirPods with Wireless Charging Case for $169 (sells for $199 from Apple) – get additional 20% off with this deal
- Airpods Pro for $249 – get 20% off with this deal (might be temporarily out of stock, but you can order and wait for them to arrive)
- Echo Buds (Amazon brand) for $90 (reg. $130) – get additional 20% off with this deal
- iPad 32GB Latest Model (choose color) for $250 – get additional 20% off with this deal (sells for $329 from Apple)
- iPad 128GB Latest Model (choose color) for $330 – get additional $50 off with this deal (sells for $429 from Apple)