Update 5/23/21: More people targeted now. Expires 6/23.
- 1 The Offer
- 2 The Fine Print
- 3 F.A.Q’s
- 3.1 Do you need prime to do this deal?
- 3.2 Why isn’t it working for me?
- 3.3 Can you use this across multiple accounts?
- 3.4 Can I pay with my Amazon gift card balance in conjunction with Shop with Points?
- 3.5 Does this work on gift card purchases?
- 3.6 Can I use the 30% across a bunch of small orders until I hit $30?
- 4 Post History
- 5 Our Verdict
Direct link to offer (affiliate links in this post)
- Amazon is offering 20%/30%/40%/50% off your order (max $30/$50/$60 discount) when you use at least 1 Membership Rewards points at checkout.
The Fine Print
- This is a limited offer. The promotion will end on the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 6/30/2020, or (b) the time at which offers worth 25,000 offers have been redeemed
- The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is applied at checkout.
- Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page.) Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to purchase of digital content.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the amount charged to your card first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
Do you need prime to do this deal?
Why isn’t it working for me?
This offer is targeted, but you can check these things:
- Make sure you’ve activated the offer first.
- Make sure your Membership Rewards account is linked to your Amazon account (do that here).
- Make sure you’re applying at least one Membership Rewards point at checkout.
- Try removing all of your Membership Rewards cards, then adding one back and linking it again. (original post)
- Bonus option: You can try removing all credit cards on your Amazon account apart from one Membership Rewards card. This has worked in the past, so maybe it’ll work for this.
Can you use this across multiple accounts?
It should work once on each account. Hard to know for certain that Amazon won’t have a problem with that.
Can I pay with my Amazon gift card balance in conjunction with Shop with Points?
Yes. Check out the post How to Use an Amazon Gift Card with a Shop-with-Points Order for 3 methods:
- Gift card balance is less than the purchase amount.
- Apply a gift card and it ‘unlocks’ your gift card balance.
- Set the points card as your default payment method.
Does this work on gift card purchases?
Yes, this deal is working on third-party gift card purchases, but not on Amazon gift card purchases. Amazon sells a wide variety of third party gift cards.
Can I use the 30% across a bunch of small orders until I hit $30?
Yes, that’s worked for me in previous offers.
- Update 5/17/21: More targeted.
- Update 4/13/21: More people targeted, some people seeing the higher discounts this time.
- Update 4/2/21: Deal working again, most people are seeing $10 back when spending $100+. Valid until June 30, 2021
- Update 3/30/21: Looks like more people might be eligible.Update 2/18/21: Deal is extended through March 31, 2021. Might be working again as well.Update 12/1/20: Working for a lot of people again now (even those who used it previously). There’s also now a 50% off version, up to $60, which I’ve added below.
- Update 12/1/20: Reader Jacob used it yesterday and was able to activate and use again today. Possibly another roll out now to allow using again.
- Update 11/24/20: This seems to be working again for people even if they have done it very recently. Worth checking, max discount $60 for some people.
- Update 11/11/20: More people targeted.
- Update 10/15/20: This deal is back until “the earlier of (a) 11:59 PT on 12/31/2020, or (b) the time at which 33,333 customers have redeemed the offer. The promotion button will expire concurrently.”
- I believe I already used this and this is now a second round of the offer; working on both of my accounts. (If you have a few of these Membership Rewards promos attached to your Amazon account, the system should use up the best one first and then the next one.)
- Update 7/2/20: Deal is back and valid until 11:59 PT on 9/30/2020, or (b) the time at which 30,000 customers have redeemed the offer.
- Update 6/3/20: More people have been targeted.
- Update 5/24/20: Promotion is tied to your Amazon account rather than American Express account. This means you should be able to do the deal on your spouse’s account using your own AmEx if they don’t have one for example. I’d recommend being careful with this though as Amazon & American Express are both not known for tolerating abuse. Hat tip to SgtKetchup
- Update 5/18/20: Working a second time for some, see this comment.
- Update: Some people are seeing 40% off with a maximum discount of $50 and others are seeing 30% off with a maximum discount of $30.
Smaller total discount than last time, but bigger % discount. If you’re not targeted then follow these instructions.
This deal works on third party gift cards, but not Amazon gift cards. Samples gift cards available on Amazon:
- Link to all physical gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Link to all electronic gift cards on Amazon (scroll down to find the third party cards)
- Whole Foods
- Giant Foods
- Stop and Shop
- Best Buy (physical or electronic)
Other Purchase Ideas:
- Amazon Gold Box Deals
- Airpods Pro for $199 – get 20% off with this deal (might be temporarily out of stock, but you can order and wait for them to arrive)
- Airpods for $124.99 (sells for $159 from Apple) – get additional 20% off with this deal
Hat tip to readers Jeff & Bayo