Published on March 13th, 2018 | by William Charles19
[Expired] Amazon: Reload Your Balance Using A Membership Rewards Point & Get $15 Bonus
One report saying it didn’t work and they needed to use only Membership Rewards points. That goes against what the terms say, but YMMV.
Direct link to offer (our affiliate link)
- Amazon is offering a $15 promotional credit when you reload $100 or more using American Express Membership Rewards points. You only need to use Membership Rewards points for a portion of the purchase, so a single point will do. You must also enter the promo code AMEXRELOAD15 when checking out
The Fine Print
- In order to qualify for the promotional credit, this must
- (1) be the first time reloading your Amazon.com Gift Card Balance and the reload amount must be at least $100;
- (2) you must use the Amazon.com account into which you are currently logged in;
- (3) purchase the reload using an eligible American Express Card, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase; and
- (4) the Amazon.com account into which you are currently logged in must be associated with an eligible Prime membership; and
- (5) enter the promotional code “AMEXRELOAD15” in the “Gift Cards & Promotional Codes” box when you check out, or alternatively click the button above to automatically add the promotional code to your account.
- This is a limited time offer that is good while supplies last.
- The offer only applies to the first reload of your Amazon.com Gift Card Balance.
- This limited time offer and associated promotional code expire at 11:59:59 PM (PT) June 30, 2018. Any promotional credit remaining unredeemed after August 15, 2018 11:59:59 PM (PT) will be forfeited.
- You must reload at least $100 in a single transaction to qualify.
- You must purchase the reload on your Amazon.com account with an eligible Prime membership, using an eligible American Express Card, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase
- For qualifying purchases, a promotional credit of $15 will be automatically applied to the Amazon.com account that was used to reload your Amazon.com Gift Card balance within three (3) days after the qualifying order has been completed or, where applicable, the order has shipped.
- You will receive an e-mail from Amazon that indicates the dollar amount of the promotional credit and that the dollar amount of the promotional credit has been added to your customer account. The e-mail will also provide instructions on how to redeem the promotional credit.
- Limit one promotional credit per Amazon.com account as designated by the primary email address.
- The promotional credit may only be applied to products and digital content sold by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product or content detail page) and all eBooks made available through Amazon.com. Products and digital content (except for eBooks) sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
Says it must be your first reload, not sure if they mean your first reload using Membership Rewards points or not. If it has to be your real first reload then this isn’t much of a deal as $10 for loading $100 comes around somewhat frequently. In fact with that other offer you only needed to reload a very small amount rather than the full $100 (despite what the terms said). I wonder if this will be the case for this promotion as always. As always you can see all the ways to save money on Amazon purchases by clicking here.
Hat tip to reader George