Update 6/29/20: Clicking the offer link shows, “This campaign has ended. Thank you for your interest!” Seems this ended early; it was initially slated to go through 7/22/20. 🙁
Update 6/26/20: The $20 credits are coming through already. Two new tidbits:
- Both Amex personal and business cards seem to be working for this promotion (despite the terms stating ‘consumer’)
- If you have an Amex card showing as your payment method at checkout, it’ll trigger the offer even if you pay with your Amazon gift card balance, so long as the Amex card is the official card payment method at checkout.
Update: this offer the $50 spend does not work when purchasing gift cards; you need to buy actual goods. You’ll see ‘promotion applied’ at checkout when you buy an eligible product. Updated below, and added some FAQ.
Direct link to offer (our affiliate link here & below)
- Use an American Express card to make a single purchase of $50 or more on Amazon and get $20 off a future purchase. $20 credit can only be used on Moments store purchases
The Fine Print
- Offer can only be redeemed once per customer / account.
- Limited-time offer, expires 7/22/2020.
- Promotional credit expires 8/22/2020
- Add products that are shipped and sold by Amazon to your Shopping Cart and check out by July 22, 2020; only items that are sold and shipped by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services LLC qualify for this promotion (look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page).
- Purchases of Amazon e-gift cards do not qualify for this promotion.
If you return any of the items involved in the promotion, Amazon reserves the right to remove the promotional credit.
The $50 spend required can be on anything shipped and sold by Amazon, and the terms don’t exclude third-party gift cards from working. However, at checkout, the ‘promotion applied’ verbiage is not showing for any gift card purchases, so it seems that for this promo you need to buy $50 worth of actual goods.
The $20 off will only work on purchases made on the Amazon Moments store. This is a curated list of items with 4 stars or above, there are over 60,000 items so not sure how curated it actually is. According to Amazon support you’ll receive an e-mail about this $20 credit after your qualifying order has shipped.
Obviously not as good as a straight $20 off $50+, normally those sorts of deals require using a membership rewards point whereas this doesn’t. This should still be useful to people. I’ll try to find some useful items on the moments store that cost $20 or less, share any you find below. View our complete guide to saving money on Amazon by clicking here.
Interesting items from the Amazon Moments store (share your finds below):
- Apple AirPods with Wired Charging Case for $139 (have been as low as $129)
- Alarm clock
- Energizer 48 AA batteries for $20.49
- 96 Tide pods for $21.44
- Electronics section (includes lots of computer mouse options and some headphones and more)
- Movies, Music, Games
Does this stack with other offers?
As long as you spend $50+ on items shipped and sold by Amazon.com it should trigger this offer, meaning it could be stackable with other offers. Stacking opportunities can be found here. This is not confirmed as of yet.
How do I know if I’m eligible?
I think everybody is eligible for this offer as long as you use an American Express consumer card to spend $50+ on items shipped and sold. You can see ‘promotion applied’ at checkout as a confirmation that your purchase will trigger the $20 offer. You might have to click through to the offer page before shopping in order to get that confirmation to show at checkout.
If you’re worried that isn’t the case my recommendation would be to wait for others to confirm this is the case before making a purchase.
Will this work on gift card purchases?
It seems not. For other promotions, third-party gift cards are usually considered ‘shipped and sold by amazon’, however, when you add $50 of digital or physical third party gift cards to your cart and go to checkout, the ‘promotion applied’ words do not show. No gift cards are showing as working for this promo; you need to buy $50 worth of actual goods for this to work.
Can I split up the $50 in purchases?
You probably need to spend the entire $50 in one checkout.
Can I spend $50 on my Amex business card?
The wording seems to exclude it, but actual data points indicate that Amex business cards do work to trigger the $20 credit.
Can I pay with Amazon gift cards?
You can pay with your Amazon gift card balance and still get the $20 credit so long as the Amex card is shown as the official payment method at checkout (according to reader’s reports).