Deal has expired, view more American Airlines deals by clicking here
- American Airlines is offering a bonus of up to 2,000 for shopping through the AA portal. The bonus you receive depends on how many purchases of $75+ you make before September 16th. Tiers are as follows:
- Shop once and get 500 bonus miles
- Shop twice and get 1,000 bonus miles
- Shop three times and get 1,500 bonus miles
- Shop four times and get 2,000 bonus miles
The Fine Print
- During the “10 Million Mile Event” offer, which runs from 9/9/19 through 9/16/19 at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Bonus Period”), Member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 2,000 AAdvantage® miles on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard AAdvantage® miles earned from shopping online through the AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall.
- Member must register for the bonus in order to be eligible to qualify for a bonus award.
- This one-time bonus award will be determined based on the number of individual “qualifying purchases” of $75 or more during the Bonus Period using one of the following Tiers: Tier 1 bonus: 500 miles for 1 individual qualifying purchase of $75 or more; Tier 2 bonus: 1,000 miles for 2 individual qualifying purchases of $75 or more; Tier 3 bonus: 1,500 miles for 3 individual qualifying purchases of $75 or more; or Tier 4 bonus: 2,000 miles for 4 or more individual qualifying purchases of $75 or more.
- “Qualifying purchases” do not include returns, cancellations, shipping and handling, taxes, gift card or other cash equivalent purchases, and certain products that are not eligible for bonus miles. Please see the AAdvantage eShopping℠ mall site for details on product eligibility and other restrictions.
- Please allow up to 10 weeks after the Bonus Period for bonus miles to post to your AAdvantage eShopping℠ account.
- The Tier 4 bonus provides the maximum number of miles that will be awarded per member.
- Void where prohibited by law.
I got excited for this promotion until I saw that there was a $75 minimum spend requirement per shop. If you spend exactly $75 this is an extra 6.67 miles per $1 spent, not bad but not the greatest either. I’d recommend using something like cashbackmonitor to make sure you’re getting a good deal, as other portals might offer a better deal on some merchants even with this bonus.