Published on May 9th, 2019 | by Chuck42
American Express Blue Cash Preferred $300 Offer via Referral + up to 20,000 Points for Referrer
American Express cardholders can find their referral link in their Amex login:
- Blue Cash Preferred cardholders can get $100 for referring a friend to the Blue Cash Preferred card. Max $550 per year. (See below for a better idea.)
- Apply for the Blue Cash Preferred via a referral link and the new member gets $300 after $1,000 in spend.
Offer ends June 26, 2019.
- Annual fee of $95 not waived first year
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 in spend annually, then 1%)
- 6% cash back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions
- 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations
- 3% cash back on transit (e.g taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more)
- 1% back on all other purchases
- You can only get the sign up bonus on American Express cards once
The standard offer on BCP just increased to $250, this referral offer is even sweeter. We have seen as high as $350 incognito or even $450 with some hoops to jump through, but factoring in the bonus for the referrer I’d say this is the best offer we’ve ever seen.
The $100 for referrer showing on the BCP card, I believe that’s an increase as well from $75. BCP also just revamped their benefits today as well.
This referral is working for those with a Blue Cash Preferred card or with any other American Express card; all are able to refer friends to the Blue Cash Preferred with a $300 bonus. The referrer gets a different bonus on each card: BCP cardholders get $100 for referring, and some points cards get even 15,000 or 20,000 points for referring. You’ll probably want to refer from one of those cards instead since that’s worth more than $100.
Since American Express released universal referrals (even self referral), I assume just about everyone has an Amex card or has a friend with one, so I’m thinking we won’t do a referral thread for now. Do not leave referrals in the comments.
Update: The $300 offer is showing incognito as well. Try this link incognito.