Published on October 30th, 2017 | by William Charles56
[Expired]American Express Business SPG 35,000 Points Offer
This offer has expired, view the best current credit card bonuses here.
Originally posted on 10/5/17, reposting because the offer is due to expire on 11/01/17. If you’re considering this offer, please consider using a readers referral link. The YMMV personal offer for 35,000 points does not expire until November 30th.
- American Express is offering a sign up bonus of up to 35,000 points on the SPG business card. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- 25,000 points after $6,000 in spend within the first 3 months
- An Additional 10,000 points after an additional $4,000 in spend within the first 6 months
- Valid until November 1st, 2017
- Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product
- Annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year
- No foreign transaction fee
- Boingo internet access for up to four devices
- Premium in room internet at all SPG hotels
- Earn 2x points on all SPG purchases
- Earn 1x points on all other purchases
- Comes with Sheraton Lounge Access
- Has reciporcal earning with Marriott/Ritz-Carlton
This bonus was offered last in mid February of this year, but the spending requirement as lower ($5,000 within first three and then an additional $3,000 within the first six months), the time before that it had an even lower minimum spend requirement of just $5,000 total. That being said it’s still a 35,000 point bonus on an SPG card so I do think it’s worth considering if you’re eligible as the standard bonus is 25,000 and I’m not confident we will see anything bigger than 35,000 in the near future/ever.
I find SPG points to be very valuable. They are obviously useful for redeeming for hotels (and the cost in points is much different than other chains like Hilton) and can be transferred to airline partners at a 1:1 rate and also to Marriott at a 1:3 rate. You can view the best uses of SPG points here.
If you’ve recently signed up for this card, ask to be matched with American Express. For more tips on American Express and to get any questions you might have answered please read this post. Keep in mind you’re not eligible for this bonus if you’ve received the card before. I don’t see any increased sign up bonus on the personal version of this card unfortunately. The biggest problem for most people will be hitting the minimum spend requirement, especially considering manufactured spending on American Express cards is ill-advised. If you can hit the minimum spend requirements then this is a bonus definitely worth doing if you can make use of the SPG points, because of that I’ll be adding it to the best business credit card offers.
Hat tip to reader @E__Aventura