- American Express is offering a sign up bonus of 100,000 points on the SPG business card after $5,000 in spend within 3 months
- Offer valid until 10/31/2018
- Anniversary free night award up to 35,000 points (this is a free night certificated that can be used on properties costing up to 35,000 points)
- $95 annual fee (waived first year)
- Card earns at the following rates:
- Six Marriott rewards points per dollar spent at participating hotels
- Four Marriott rewards points per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- Two points per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Silver status and earn gold status by making $30,000 in purchases within a calendar year (increases to $35,000 in 2019)
- Free unlimited Boingo Wifi
- Coming in 2019: Receive 15 nights towards elite status
- Premium in room internet access at participating properties
- Can only get the bonus once per lifetime
These are Marriott points, so it’s 33,333 points under the old SPG program. We’ve seen two bonuses of up to 35,000 points before ($5,000 spend vs $8,000 spend). Keep in mind these programs become unified on August 18th, 2018. It’s also worth remembering that getting this card will limit what Chase Marriott cards you can get. If you get this card/bonus you won’t be eligible to get the sign up bonus on any Chase Marriott card for the next 24 months. I previously suggested that signing up for this card before those new rules go into place, especially if you pick up the bonus on the Marriott business card now as well (getting the bonus on the Marriott personal card would be difficult for most people due to the 5/24 rule). This is even more true with this increased bonus.
Bonus on the personal card has also been changed from the $200 statement credit over to 75,000 points. Will do a post on this shortly.