- American Express has increased the sign up bonus on the personal & business versions of the Delta Platinum card. Bonus is as follows:
- 70,000 miles & 10,000 MQM after $3,000 in spend within the first three months
- $100 statement credit after your first Delta purchase
- Offer expires 4/11/18
- Annual fee of $195 is not waived
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 2x miles on all purchases made directly with Delta
- 1x miles on all other purchases
- Receive another 10,000 MQM after you spend $25,000 or more within a calendar year and an additional 10,000 MQM when you spend $50,000 or more within a calendar year for a total of 20,000 MQM (plus the sign up bonus)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card (Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required)
- Delta MQD Waiver For Diamond To Be Increased To $250,000 (From $25,000) For 2019 Qualification Year
We just saw basically the same offers expire on January 1st, 2018. Only difference is that the business card only requires $3,000 spend instead of $4,000 this time and you have 3 months instead of 4 to meet the minimum spend requirements on both cards. The actual offer (70,000 miles + 10k MQM + $100 statement credit) is the joint highest we’ve ever seen on this card and worth considering/applying for if you have a use of Delta miles. One thing I hate about Delta is they no longer publish an award chart instead using dynamic pricing (basically just them increasing the unpublished award charts whenever they feel like with no oversight) so I’d recommend using any miles sooner rather than later.
As always if you have any questions about American Express cards, they are probably answered in this post so please read that first. For example American Express usually doesn’t match sign up bonuses, but they will offer courtesy points in most cases if you call in (secured message won’t work). I will be adding this offer to our best credit card sign up bonus page.
Hat tip to dragonflysexparade