Published on March 31st, 2016 | by William Charles10
American Express Hilton HHonors (No Annual Fee): 75,000 Points After $1,000 Spend [New Highest Bonus]
- Receive a sign up bonus of 75,000 points when you spend $1,000 or more within the first three months of card membership on the Hilton HHonors Card from American Express.
- No annual fee
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 7x points on all purchases at hotels and resorts within the Hilton portfolio
- 5x points on all purchases at U.S restaurants, supermarkets and gas stations
- 3x points on all other purchases
- Receive complimentary silver status with Hilton HHonors (upgrade to gold status if you spend $20,000 or more)
- Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
- Only possible to get the sign up bonus on American Express personal cards once per lifetime
Standard bonus on this card is 40,000 points, but has gone as high as 70,000 points in the past so this is only an increase of 5,000 points. Make sure you know how much value you can get from Hilton points before applying and also reading our ‘20 Things Everybody Should Know About American Express‘. Also be aware there is a 100,000 point bonus on the American Express Surpass card at the moment.
If you’ve signed up for a lower bonus in the recent past, try and call to get matched. Follow these instructions:
- Don’t message, online representatives do not have the ability to award courtesy points.
- Call and say you’re disappointed that a new higher bonus became available so recently after you applied.
- If you don’t get the full match then escalate. Ask politely to be escalated to a manager and repeat your disappointment in American Express due to the bonus change.
- If they say they’ll put in a request to get the bonus points, decline and hang up and call again. The requests are basically a blackhole and never get honored and removed your ability to try again.